Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Shure E4c-n Sound Isolating Earphones (Black) › Shure E4c-n Sound Isolating Earphones (Black) Reviews

Shure E4c-n Sound Isolating Earphones (Black) Reviews

paddy567

One of my faves

Pros: good isolation, warm, friendly mids, bargains can be had

Cons: Shure cables. God I hate you Shure for your cables.

I like this phone so much I am onto my second pair. Are they perfect? No. Are they the best IEM for the price? Unless you get them at $79 like I did the second time, no. Do they have a good soundstage? Not really. Are they durable? Like a boat made of paper.   But...Do they isolate well? With the Shure olives, hell yes. Do they have delicous, buttery mids that I could and have listened to for hours on end? Yes. Are they comfortable and easy to insert/remove? Definitely.   If you like those things, consider these.
reisod

Amazing Sound ... but not lasting

Pros: Price / Performance, Sonic Fidelity, Comfort

Cons: Wear and Tear

These little guys sound amazing for the money - does require about 24hrs of burn-in before things loosen up and sound right.  Even, full bass due to the added port over the E3's.  This was my second pair after the cable separated from bud after about 1-year's regular usage.  The second pair died the same way.     Unfortunately Shure botched the design in the new versions which don't sound nearly as good, and are larger so they don't fit smaller ears anymore.  It's too bad because these were a real winner.  All that was needed was to improve the bud / cable connection and I think it could have been a timeless piece like an SM-57.  Instead the...
reeltime

My favorite universal, an essential listening tool.

Pros: Great sound, terrific comfort

Cons: Not many.

These are my go-to headphones when I don't want to use my customs.  They are easy to wear, sport all-day comfort, provide reasonable isolation-- to excellent if you buy the foam inserts, and are a full-range in-ear monitor lacking very little, and a steal for the price.  I own 3 pairs.   I keep a pair of these in my bag at all times.  They come in a round zippered case that's quite protective and unzip in a second.  If I need to grab a quick listen to something, these never let me down.     Construction is good, but about every two or three years I have to send a pair back for refurbishing from Shure.  The wires are a bit thin, but they...
AuralFixation

Fantastic Earphones

Pros: Superb sound quality. Pretty comfortable once you get used to them.

Cons: Slowly fall out of my ears and need to be adjusted every 5 or 10 min (That's when being perfectly still...if I'm moving around, it's every min or so.)

ChundomanX

very good ¡¡

Pros: -very detailed trebe

Cons: -poor bass

excellent treble and midrange, treble very detailed, the bass is a bit small but very responsive to EQ to increase the bass, the media are also very good, maybe in my life now is not heard many headphones but they are the best I've heard
Jason4774

These things are like jeans...easy to wear an go great with anything!

Pros: Very detailed yet relaxed presentation with sub par inputs (like my phone or MacBook Pro)

Cons: For what they are, haven't really found any.

Had these things for a while now, and still use them with almost anything that has a headphone jack attached to it.  My phone, my old iPod, my iPad, my pc, my laptop, and they always find a way to sound really wonderful.   I'm not gonna lie and say I'm some headphone guru.  I'm not.  But i LOVE headphones.  Cheap ones, expensive ones, gaming ones...i mess with them all.  I've owned grados, senns, sonys, denons, AKG's, Beyers...really could have bought a car with how many headphones I've owned in my lifetime (a house, if you include all the headphones my family and friends pass down to me).   Point being, I've heard alot.  Not all good, but most headphones sound good as...