Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Desktop Amps › Shonyun 301 Pro amplifier › Shonyun 301 Pro amplifier Reviews

Shonyun 301 Pro amplifier Reviews

project86

Solid State amp from a new company

Pros: Surprisingly good sound! Clean, exciting, and fun but not overly colored, with a silent background

Cons: Build quality a bit suspect on my unit, not exactly the most handsome, could be cheaper

The Shonyun 301 - this amp was sent to me for review along with the 306 portable amp. Like most readers I had never heard of the brand Shonyun. The packaging looked professional though, and the person sending it gave it a high recommendation, so I figured I'd give it a try without bringing any pre-conceived ideas into it. This was hard to do based on the outward appearance of the unit, which didn't seem to fit the sound it produced. But I'm getting ahead of myself - allow me to start from the beginning.   DESIGN Shonyun is a relatively new company based out of Shenzhen China. The lead designer is named ChengShan Deng who is notable...