Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Desktop Amps › Shange SG200 Tube Headphone Amp/DAC › Shange SG200 Tube Headphone Amp/DAC Reviews

Shange SG200 Tube Headphone Amp/DAC Reviews

JoeDoe

Big punch in small package.

Pros: Loads of power, small footprint, simple design, 1/4" and 1/8" output, tube rollable, clean sound

Cons: Tube rolling is a PITA, all Chinese literature

I took a chance on this amp after selling my Aune T1. Found it on eBay and was unable to find any other literature describing it outside of the eBay description.   As far the unit performs as a whole, I'm mostly impressed. It powers my HD650s easily (never have to turn past 9 or 10 oclock). The sound is clean and authoritative without being overly aggressive or bright. It certainly fills out the body of my woodied SR225i's. Compared to the T1 (which I haven't had for more than a month), the SG200 certainly has more power. Also, I distinctly remember comparing the T1 to my Magni/Modi stack and thinking how similar they sounded. Similarly on the bright side. Not the case here. I'd...