Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Wireless › Sennheiser RS170 Digital Wireless Headphone System › Sennheiser RS170 Digital Wireless Headphone System Reviews

Sennheiser RS170 Digital Wireless Headphone System Reviews

Mcmusicans

Good quality and versatile

Pros: Surround and Bass Boost

Cons: fatiguing, short range

These are enjoyable headphones as the surround really envelopes and clarity shines. Overall sound lacks a little richness, highs are overpowering. Nice punchy bass, not too much. After 1.5 to 2 hours they are fatiguing as most wireless headsets are. They are very light weight and comfortable. Having trouble with range in my house. It disconnects at 25 to 30 feet. Great for music or movies and even iphone. Bought refurbished from Dakmart for $170 and after 6 mos of heavy use, no problems.
paulmaszlik

First Wireless Headphone

My first Wireless headphones. It has very good audio quality when you listen loseless music. After hours (2-3) of music listening its really uncomfortable, press edge of my ears. Overall very good headphone.  I hope i can use for years.
CDPlayer

A disappointment

Pros: Sound fairly decent

Cons: Cut out when input volume is low; cups are too shallow for my ears, manual switch on

I'm using these to listen to our TV; they are connected to the headphone out.   I bought them to replace my failed Sony MDR-RF4000K, but I'm not too sure if it was worth it. Compared to Sony, I can't really say there is *any* improvement, maybe only when playing GT5 - Sony had a very weird problem when sound was "travelling" between ears, possibly because it was dolby-encoded? Not sure, but these don't seem to have the same problem.   However, these come with their own set of problems, which Sony didn't have: - There is no auto on/off switch - you have to at least manually switch both base station and headphones on every time you want to use them, which is quite...