Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Sennheiser MX 980 High Fidelity Metal Crafted Headphones with Balanced and Precise Sound Reproduction › Sennheiser MX 980 High Fidelity Metal Crafted Headphones with Balanced and Precise Sound Reproduction Reviews

kenta

Sennheiser MX 980 Review

Pros: Very good SQ overall, natural soundstage, excellent design and range of accessory

Cons: Fit, might require an Amp to drive at full potential, Expensive ( price matches however to the range of accesories)

Intro Sennheiser released all new 980-series of earphones which all share some basic design elements (and might be the sound signature as well). The design of the new 980-series was taken care by BMW design department in USA. Since I live in Munich, Germany, I feel the familiar touch of BMW ideas everywhere over the whole package of this MX 980.   I personally own Sennheiser HD-800 and HD-650 and am quite familiar with its house-sound, also the built and finishing quality of the Sennheiser. Their implementation in each ear/headphone are quite unique. I am happy to see these important and renowned factors are transfered to MX 980 really well.   In this review, I test the MX 980 with all of...
EPICFAILXD

Quite possibly the best earbud there is

Pros: Sound, looks, build, accessories etc

Cons: None for me

As some of you may know, i already have the MX880's. Personally i think they were great, but some aspects could be made to improve on. Thats why i bought these MX980s, or more specifically the new improved version the MX985. packaging: superb, everydetail is thought out, opens the way a beats by dre box would open up. fortunately they dont sound ANYTHING like the beats. accesories: They come w/ 2 sets of earpads, airplane adaptor, shirt clip and a case. the case looks quite nice but due the possibility of the cables glitching i didnt bother with it. ohwell build: the build is FANTASTIC i tell you, stems are made of metal and looks frigging sexy. the housings are probably plastic...
pinoyman

bmw earbud mx980

Pros: the sound

Cons: the price for an earbud

this is the FIRST IMPRESSION ON THIS EARBUD, BELOW DOWN IS THE FINAL REVIEW...   enjoy reading! rock on!!! pics: the review: sennheiser mx980 is the top of the line in the mx series. all released this year including the mx880, a downgrade series for $79, an earbud considered to have a good bass. i love earbuds. it doesnt make my ears itch in hours of use. and i hear everything around me. unlike in iems, it blocks all the noise, and sometimes makes my ears itch. hearing it all doesnt make me feel like stupid. i enjoy my music, and i can still hear everything around me. or its just me. this review is base only on the first impression...