Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Sennheiser Momentum › Reviews › HyperDuckling's Review

Best portable headphone

A Review On: Sennheiser Momentum

Sennheiser Momentum

HyperDuckling
Posted · 5283 Views · 1 Comment

Pros: Balanced sound, Design, Build to last

Cons: A little discomfort efter long wearing sessions

Ok so, this was my first ever "hi-fi" headphone, and my first thoughts were "Why haven't I cared about audio before now?" I was literally blown away, coming from the cheap "gaming" headsets (Gamecom 780, Corsair 1400 etc.) these just sounded so much more clear and "clean". The bass reaches down quite low, without being emphasized, the mids are just perfect, and the highs are high without being harsh.Not only is the sound great, these things are also built like a tank, not only are the ear cups made of genuine leather, the headband is also made of one piece of stainless steel, so I don't see these breaking any time soon :)

I started using it just straight of of my pc (Realtek ALC 889) and HTC ONE (m7), and I really enjoyed the sound. But then I got a little more "into" the whole head-fi world, so I bought myself a Firestone Fubar IV, and that little thing just increased the sound quality one bit. So if you're purchasing this for "on-the-go" I'd definetly look into at small portable amp/dac combo.

Just to quote Tyle from Innerfidelity: "I dont think I've ever heard a headphone that does so much, so very well"

- Now for the comfort issue I was talking about: If you have big ears (or just a little above average) the earcups could easily get to small for your ears to fit nicely, I personally don't find this to be a problem for short listening sessions (1hour) but for a long flight (or whatever :) these do get uncomfortable, and my ears start to hurt.

- Enjoy your music :)

1 Comment:

Btw. for music I listened to all kinds: hip-hop to pop to classical, all in FLAC format (1000kbps) or 320kbps mp3's :)