Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones › Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones Reviews

Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones Reviews

aSunshine

As great as it can be

Pros: Nearly everything, very fun to listen.

Cons: Need burning in, stock tips are not for everyone, stupid case, tremble and mids are not the greatest but still very charming

I were choosing between this and ue trple fi 10 pro, and as for me ie8 is totally a winner. Great bass, great detail, great everything. Sound is crappy out of the box, but in few hours it start to open up and in nearly 50 hours of burning in you are in heaven. Isolation and fit not super nice, but i made custom tips and now im as happy as one can be. I think it'll be my last IEM before IE9 or something like that. I really like senn sound sig. UPD I forgot the widest soundstage you ever heared from iems. Its even wider than most over-ear headphones.
mr_diza

Sennheiser IE8

Pros: wide soundstage, bass control, fun factor

Cons: isolation, price

exciting earphones to listen to all day. quite expensive! watch out for the fakes.
ppau0822

RnB phones

Pros: excellent bass

Cons: pricey, poor isolation

Poor isolation is then main problem with this headphone. otherwise it is great for rap and RnB music that goes great with heavy bass.    The soundstage on these phones are wide! but the resolution falls flat a bit and you cant listen to individual instruments as much.   the top range is a bit better and there is no sibilance.
cravenz

my first high-end universal IEM and very likely to be my last.

Pros: adjustable bass; replaceable cable; durability; soundstage; engaging

Cons: not exactly the most aesthetically pleasing IEMs to most people; mid-bass hump (which bothers some people)

This is my first review on Head-fi and till this day I do not possess the audio vocabulary that many others on this forum have and for that very reason, I will try to keep in simple here. This was at that point in time and still remains, my only foray into the higher-end universal IEM category and for various reasons I will mention in the review, it will likely remain for some time unless I someday find myself in the money.   Isolation and fit I think I will start off by addressing some "misconceptions" that I believe exist about the IE8s and this more or less centres around fit issues that many people have complained about (though this may not apply to everyone). This in turn has...
earthpeople

I've never kept a set of IEMs this long

Pros: great design, comfortable for long periods, natural sound, awesome replaceable cable

Cons: poor isolation, tunable bass port is almost useless, most accessories aren't useful

Let me start off addressing the pros I've listed. --I love the design of the Sennheiser IE8s. They look great, it fits the shape of my ear, the cable goes over ear to reduce microphonics, and they are easy to put in. --These are comfortable IEMs, I often wore them for several hours at a time to deal with noisy floor mates in my door. --Natural sound is something I'll cover when I hit the sound section later. --The cables on the IE8s are probably the best I've ever personally experienced. It is very well built, feels nice around my ear, supple, and most of all user replaceable. A bit disappointed that the plug isn't gold plated, but it's not a huge issue considering how great the...
ianmedium

Excellent natural sounding IEM's

Pros: natural, spacious sound, detail, comfort

Cons: takes a while to burn in..But worth it!

I find these wonderful little Sennheisers to be a very natural sounding headphone. They take a while to burn in but once that is done they are the sort of headphones that one puts on and forgets the equipment and just enjoys the music. Very similar to my Stax headphones in sound I feel.   Well worth it I think and though as per normal with forums, once a year old it is almost forgotten it is still worthy of comparison to the best out there! These are my go to phones now!
dweaver

Magical Soundstage

Pros: Large soundstage, deep bass, extended treble, comfortable

Cons: midbass encroaches on midrange causing muddiness and slight recession

I bought the IE8 hoping for a single high end IEM capable of delievery for all of them music genre's I like to listen to.   Out of the box I seriously doubted my sanity at spending so much money on a pair of IEM's that frankly sounded horrible (muddy loud and uncontrolled bass, recessed mid and high with poor extension, and a lousy soundstage). Fortunately I knew from reading that this was to be expected. So I dutifully plugged them in and let music play thorugh them for the night. The next day the bass had started to settle down, and the midrange and treble had started to improve, but the soundstage was still pretty sad. I listened to them throughout the day and again dutifully...