Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones › Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones Reviews

Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones Reviews

JonnyRocket

The Best IEMs I've owned yet

Pros: The sound quality is amazing. The tunable bass ports work and offer a level of bass control I thought I'd only get with my media player.

Cons: The tips are a bit shallow, could have issues with losing the seal

Note: I'm a noob and relise that there are reviews written by members on here with much more knowledge and experence than me and who also have a better understanding of the terms used to describe there experience with these headphones. So I'm writing this review from a noobs standpoint to others who might have just joined this site and are going though the same thing I did. These are the best headphones I've owned yet! I'm a noob and want to thank this forum for showing me there is something more than the Beats and BOSE lines of headphones. This is the first pair of $400 headphones I've owned and I absolutely love them! I owned a pair of BOSE IE2s, I thought they were good but...
Benjerry

My favourite universal earphones (for everyday use)

Pros: Out of head headstage, captivating sub bass, best cabling in universals

Cons: Long burn in needed for better SQ, Bulky carrying case, base quantity (churns out "blocks" of base), high end not as refined as other top tier

These need burn in to sound their best.Burning in helps to bring out the mids and highs on the ie8 and slightly tame its bass;The ie8 also made me realize the importance of iem build quality and comfort; so far, none of my other iems (Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Pro, EarSonic SM3, JVC HA FX700) can match the ie8 in those aspects.          Btw please check out my review of the JVC (Japan Victor Company) HA FX700, EarSonics SM3.
volted

Amazing

Pros: Clear, Wide soundstage, Great Bass, Comfortable, big range of tops

Cons: Ear loops could be better. Nickle jack is noisy.

Amazing IEMs!   They are great for most types of music, but really came alive with rock/trip-hop and bass driven tracks. The bass isn't extreme, but it is full and has impact.   The amount of fakes in the market is annoying, but go for a trusted seller, check your goods against the reference photos and photos of fakes in HF threads.   Go for it!   I just wish the connector was gold plated!
alphaman

2.5 years in use -- still going strong!

Pros: Big, fwd sound; SPEED/DYNAMICS; soundstage; durability/ day-to-day reliability

Cons: Poor isolation; poor canal fit (may slip out); muddy bass

Own several "high-end" tradl. 'phones (Senn 650, 600, 580, bd 880 Pro; AKG701, Grado 325i; etc.) and IEMs (SM3v2, SE530).     >> The IE8s are my go-to cans for any use. <<   Some one else noted (and I agree) "tunable bass port is almost useless". Even at min., there is almost too much bass (which is non-tight and a bit muddy). This feature is a gimmick. Sennheiser should invest our $$ into other aspects of IEM design (isolation, better tips, etc). Better yet, get rid of this gimmick, and all that worthless packaging/boxing, and reduce the sale price.    At 2+ hrs/day of use, they took over three mos. to PROPERLY burn in!  ...
ImperialX

Groundbreaking IEM

Pros: Staggering soundstage, amazing audio quality, extremely durable, no microphonic, highly serviceable

Cons: Subpar noise isolation

There's no way to describe how good the IE8 is. You absolutely have to hear it for yourself to realize. As someone who moved up from the highly acclaimed Klipsch Image S4, I can tell you that they sound like plastic compared to these. You'll find it hard to believe what you're hearing is coming out of such a tiny IEM.   Let me talk about the soundstage. Oh man, what a soundstage this is? Initially it's nothing special, but after burning these in for ~50 hours, they start to open up. This is one of the widest soundstage I've ever heard in an IEM. It is even comparable to full-sized headphones, provided you have a good fit.    These live up to Sennheiser's name when...
dragonpark

classic headfi!

classic headfi! IE8  shows in ear still have a great performance on large symphony Mishap , The knot in large scenes like the sound sense of Church Music, reverb, harmonic performance far exceeds the reduction of the other ear the same price, making it an iron, following the classic ear ER4 "Little Four"IE8 become another one! . Stage monitor is also a good choice
intox

Excellent

Pros: Perfect for jogging (no microphonics), Great Sound Quality

Cons: Average isolation

SInce I've bought them, I let them burn-in 24/24 for a whole week. Before the IE8's I had the S4 which I found too bassy. The IE8 sound signature is perfect in my view. Not bass heavy at all and a wide soundstage. At first they were maybe a bit sibilant but it's fixed by burn in (more than 150hours). Maybe a bit less laid back would have been better.   I mostly listen to rock (Indie, progressive, classic, ...) and it's great with impactful bass and wide soundstage.   I paid them for 300€(about 400$). A bit expensive when I see people buying them for more than 100$ cheaper.
nekoni

SUPRISED ON SOUND STAGE N BASS

Pros: good for hifi music..

Cons: no good for pop

had it for a month with 100+hrs on it, was bitten by my puppy T-T..   only couple impressions left are   1.this in ear needs to have a lot of runs on it in order to get better bass and sound stage.   2.wide sound stage feels like the big headphones, good for classical music   3.cant compare with any ATH's on pop music especially on j-pop at least for me..