Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones › Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones Reviews

Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones Reviews

volted

Amazing

Pros: Clear, Wide soundstage, Great Bass, Comfortable, big range of tops

Cons: Ear loops could be better. Nickle jack is noisy.

Amazing IEMs!   They are great for most types of music, but really came alive with rock/trip-hop and bass driven tracks. The bass isn't extreme, but it is full and has impact.   The amount of fakes in the market is annoying, but go for a trusted seller, check your goods against the reference photos and photos of fakes in HF threads.   Go for it!   I just wish the connector was gold plated!
alphaman

2.5 years in use -- still going strong!

Pros: Big, fwd sound; SPEED/DYNAMICS; soundstage; durability/ day-to-day reliability

Cons: Poor isolation; poor canal fit (may slip out); muddy bass

Own several "high-end" tradl. 'phones (Senn 650, 600, 580, bd 880 Pro; AKG701, Grado 325i; etc.) and IEMs (SM3v2, SE530).     >> The IE8s are my go-to cans for any use. <<   Some one else noted (and I agree) "tunable bass port is almost useless". Even at min., there is almost too much bass (which is non-tight and a bit muddy). This feature is a gimmick. Sennheiser should invest our $$ into other aspects of IEM design (isolation, better tips, etc). Better yet, get rid of this gimmick, and all that worthless packaging/boxing, and reduce the sale price.    At 2+ hrs/day of use, they took over three mos. to PROPERLY burn in!  ...
ImperialX

Groundbreaking IEM

Pros: Staggering soundstage, amazing audio quality, extremely durable, no microphonic, highly serviceable

Cons: Subpar noise isolation

There's no way to describe how good the IE8 is. You absolutely have to hear it for yourself to realize. As someone who moved up from the highly acclaimed Klipsch Image S4, I can tell you that they sound like plastic compared to these. You'll find it hard to believe what you're hearing is coming out of such a tiny IEM.   Let me talk about the soundstage. Oh man, what a soundstage this is? Initially it's nothing special, but after burning these in for ~50 hours, they start to open up. This is one of the widest soundstage I've ever heard in an IEM. It is even comparable to full-sized headphones, provided you have a good fit.    These live up to Sennheiser's name when...
dragonpark

classic headfi!

classic headfi! IE8  shows in ear still have a great performance on large symphony Mishap , The knot in large scenes like the sound sense of Church Music, reverb, harmonic performance far exceeds the reduction of the other ear the same price, making it an iron, following the classic ear ER4 "Little Four"IE8 become another one! . Stage monitor is also a good choice
intox

Excellent

Pros: Perfect for jogging (no microphonics), Great Sound Quality

Cons: Average isolation

SInce I've bought them, I let them burn-in 24/24 for a whole week. Before the IE8's I had the S4 which I found too bassy. The IE8 sound signature is perfect in my view. Not bass heavy at all and a wide soundstage. At first they were maybe a bit sibilant but it's fixed by burn in (more than 150hours). Maybe a bit less laid back would have been better.   I mostly listen to rock (Indie, progressive, classic, ...) and it's great with impactful bass and wide soundstage.   I paid them for 300€(about 400$). A bit expensive when I see people buying them for more than 100$ cheaper.
nekoni

SUPRISED ON SOUND STAGE N BASS

Pros: good for hifi music..

Cons: no good for pop

had it for a month with 100+hrs on it, was bitten by my puppy T-T..   only couple impressions left are   1.this in ear needs to have a lot of runs on it in order to get better bass and sound stage.   2.wide sound stage feels like the big headphones, good for classical music   3.cant compare with any ATH's on pop music especially on j-pop at least for me..
Sil3nce

Sennheiser IE8 with 150 hours burn-in time

Pros: Warm Intense Sound Signature with Shimmering Exquisite Treble and Tight Bass

Cons: Overall neutrality can be adversely affected by the overpowering bass if turned up

Wow, what can I say. These came like-new and packaged perfectly from FlexPen76 with 100+ hours burn-in time. Compliments to him again =]  First Impression- The entire Sennheiser construction was very solid and the box was very attractive as representative of fine German engineering. I had no trouble ascertaining if the ones I got was real and at first I must say I was overwhelmed by all the included accessories. However, as stated by many users, all the excess tips were completely negligible and the only one that remotely fit in my ears was the silicone default one. I immediately took them and stuck the nickel-plated jack in my newest Ipod Touch without hesitation. The bass-knob...
Ramesses

The IEM Search is over

Pros: SQ, comfort

Cons: Case

I have the SE530's and the triple fi's but these are my favourites by a long way. For me the SQ is so balanced and detailed, with pure and accurate treble, smooth, powerful and controlled base. Stunning soundstage and dynamics for an IEM. They sound very natural. For me the search is over.... At last! The fit is flat against the ear allowing laying on the side with them still in place with minimal discomfort. They seal well and exclude ambient sound well, although of course this depends on the tips and fit you achieve. I have had custom tips made by a UK firm, but the fit was not good and they were painful to wear. After 3 refits they are still poor and I cannot wear them for...
budgetboy

Sennheiser IE8 - A work of art

Pros: soundstage, detail, bass, smoothness, comfort, durability, cord length, user-replacable cord and eartips, unobtrusive, just the right isolation

Cons: price, but not so much because i got them on UK Ebay for $250 shipped =D shop around, they're worth it, and you can find bargains

Okay, I have to leave for school in 5 minutes, so this is gonna have to be quick. Basically, I totally love these. With my Cowon S9, everything from Armin Van Buuren to ES Posthumous sounds ridiculously amazing. The soundstage, smooth sound, and easy listenability at low volumes are the coolest parts for me.   Okay, I'm not going to write a real review. I just want to say I've been looking for a full-size headphone with the same strengths that can be used unamped and there isn't one. I was thinking DT990 32 ohm, but apparently even that needs an amp. The soundstage, comfort, durability (i've really tested this part, I'm an energetic ADD high school student lol) are unbeatable...