Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones › Reviews › QR2's Review

Best I ever had

A Review On: Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones

Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones

Rated # 1 in Universal Fit
QR2

Pros: Superb sound, very detailed, strong bass, an awesome soundstage, no microphonic, good built quality

Cons: the sound tuning is useless, earhook, cable

I've been using Sennheiser IE8 for 2 years and its still awesome. sadly I lost it about 2 months ago.

The first time I use it, it sounded ordinary but after several days of burning in I finally found the true sound that is so amazing.

The sound is detailed, clean instrument separation, strong bass, and an awesome soundstage, and no microphonic...

but after using it for a year I have to buy a new cable because the cable broke up, and also I found the earhook is not practical to use. I got my perfect seal from the medium sized double flange tips after experimenting with all the ten tips provided. and It's so comfortable also. The carrying case is neat because it carries two reserve tips, cleaning tools, a microfiber cloth, and your IE8, but the design is complicated.

well its quite pricey and because this is an IEM people didn't see that this thing is expensive. And you know, it just so sad.

Earphones "burning in"? Come on, now I've heard everything.
"Cons: the sound tuning is useless, earhook, cable"
The bass tuning is brilliant, but you have to have bass to begin with. What do you use to play music on them/what did you use?
I've found the earhooks and cable to be really good too, the earhooks look uncomfortable, but they are actually really good.
Is the cable detachable?