Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones › Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones Reviews

Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones Reviews

Positive Reviews

Vladimir_F1

Amazing

Pros: Superb SQ for that price

Cons: Hard to say

This is my first top tier IEM. I own it quite a long period of time.   I am very happy with the SQ.... Anyway here is my review after 5 days of usage =)  ( i left it in seller website)   Честно говоря звук сразу после распаковки был ужасен :) Но я знал что динамическим затычкам надо время что бы 'раскрытся'. Так и произошло. Буквально через 5 часов они зазвучали значительно лучше. После 80 + часов разогрева звук поражает :) Я не сказал бы что люблю слушать гитару или пианино. В основном я люблю электронную музыку. Но блин, когда я услышал как в них звучит гитара. Это словами не передать. Аж мурашки по коже пробежались. Вокал тоже очень радует. Басы мягкие и упругие. Очень...

Negative Reviews

Kaffeemann

Terrible for the price

Pros: Build Quality, Comfort

Cons: Bloated Mid-Bass, Muddy Sound, harsh Peaks and Resonance in the Treble

Please you yourself a favor and don't buy these IEM.

More Reviews

QR2

Best I ever had

Pros: Superb sound, very detailed, strong bass, an awesome soundstage, no microphonic, good built quality

Cons: the sound tuning is useless, earhook, cable

I've been using Sennheiser IE8 for 2 years and its still awesome. sadly I lost it about 2 months ago. The first time I use it, it sounded ordinary but after several days of burning in I finally found the true sound that is so amazing. The sound is detailed, clean instrument separation, strong bass, and an awesome soundstage, and no microphonic... but after using it for a year I have to buy a new cable because the cable broke up, and also I found the earhook is not practical to use. I got my perfect seal from the medium sized double flange tips after experimenting with all the ten tips provided. and It's so comfortable also. The carrying case is neat because it carries two reserve...
yliu

One of the Best I've used!

Pros: Very Very strong bass, mids are good, highs are crisp, comfortable, very strong build, almost no microphonic, replaceable cable

Cons: doesn't isolate too much noise, some people may dislike the midbass hump, carrying case is complicated (but cool:)

These earbuds has a warm sound, but with very nice mids, and crisp highs. I heard that lot of people say it has too much bass, but I think they are just enough with the knob turned to the max (maybe it can have even more bass). I found that they sound a slightly similar to the Klipsch Image X10. The cable is the best ive ever saw, they are soft and they have minimal microphonics. The only downside I found is that they don't block out much sound. Oh, and When I got those earphones. The Cable was wrapped so tightly in the box that it basically destroyed the cable. For the price I paid (around 300USD) , I would definetly recommend it to people who takes their music seriously.
Docjitters

Smooth, musical and lovely listen: still going back >5 years later

Pros: Lovely (and occasionally jaw-dropping) midrange, fun bass, smooth highs, awesome soundstage, good cable

Cons: Needs running-in, fiddly to get perfect fit, needs an amp to shine

DOI: I don't get to listen to new gear a lot so I may not be any use at answering questions about comparisons to anything other than my own stuff (which may or may not be considered esoteric). I was (and am) a full-size hi-fi person so my tastes in this will clearly colour what I look for in head-fi. I tend to value realism of tone for well-recorded voices and instruments but for orchestral works and pop/dance music, I prefer a neutral-warm musicality and dynamics.     Initial set-up: Box: Carry case is lovely but clunky and useless for in-out day-to-day carry. Cable is nice, a useful length and non-microphonic unless you're really scraping it. The clip helps.  ...
solidjon

Best IEM I have listened to, though yet to try a pair of Noble's

Pros: Wonderful natural sound on all frequencies, after listening extensively to music that I'm very familiar with. On vocals, synths, classical and dance.

Cons: Not cheap, but worth saving for and getting them.

Excellent IEM headphones. I usually use my modified HD600's with my hifi system or whilst listening from my mac via my external DAC through my headphone amp, but I recently FLAC'd my entire CD collection (several weeks later) onto an AK Jr, and with the IE8's the sound quality is excellent. (Memories of my first Walkman in 1981 and the impact it made on me as a young boy, the sound was a vast improvement on what I'd heard from any tape player before). The IE8's almost isolate most external noise as it's easy to get a good seal in your ears with the variety of rubber tips that are provided so when the music is playing, all you hear is the music and the reproduction is excellent. From...
TwinACStacks

All around astounding Earphone

Pros: Great Bass, articulate Treble and mids

Cons: Minor Mid-Bass Hump that appears to smooth out after burn-in, OEM Ear tips not up to par with Earphones.

Purchased these From an Authorized seller in the UK as a Demo but in as new / Mint condition. They actually had 10 Pair, in hindsight I probably should have purchased a 2nd. After a Disappointing trial of Vsonic GR07 Classics, I decided to pop the Extra $$$$ and take a chance with the IE8s. I won't be looking back any time soon. You can use a lot of adjectives, in a nutshell they sound great and are actually on par with My Senn HD650s sonically. The first thing I did was Try all the supplied Tips finding that the Large regular tip is the best of the OEM lot for my ears. I will go into a little more detail in a few for better tips. Then I burned these in having a Listen at 50, 100, 200,...
thelostMIDrange

horrible value, nicely made

Pros: workmanship, detail

Cons: value

only auditioned this iem for a brief time as I would never pay nearly this much of my hard earned money on an iem. These must have been tuned to a certain type of modern music and for that, whatever it may have been, these probably sound outstanding
lextheimpaler

Superb

Pros: Excellent Sound

Cons: None

These are the best IEMS I have. Much better than Shure 535's or the UE500's or the Klipsh. Second to only custom IEM's
Rangotherabbit

Not as good as i expected.

Pros: Lots of tips, fancy travelling case,tons of bass, excellent sound-stage, good build quality, adjustable bass, sounds excellent with metal.

Cons: Most tips are useless, bass screw is a bit fragile.

Bass screws work if you have some bass to begin with, ie. not using an ipod. Soundstage is brilliant. Sound is a bit unbalanced, have use aggresive eq with walkman. bass is phenominal.