Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Sennheiser IE 7 Earphones › Reviews › Pwn3r4Life's Review

Great Value

A Review On: Sennheiser IE 7 Earphones

Sennheiser IE 7 Earphones

Rated # 102 in Universal Fit
Pwn3r4Life

Pros: Isolation, Build Quality, Warranty, Case, Amount of Tips

Cons: Comfort, Ear Fatigue

I love these headphones as they are among the best I have heard (noob right?). I would compare these headphones to sound the same as Beats by Dre Pro Headphones with slightly less emphasis on the bass. Now they have great quality overall but more bass oriented. I found the bass to have good transparency until I listened to more modern music which i found it to be slightly over powering.

Amp is completely unnecessary.

The IE7 is superior 360' compared to any Beats headphone or earphone.
DefQon, I know that, I just see the Beats Pros as having a similar sound signature and clarity to the IE7s.
After some further listening I would like to update my review.
Highs come through good, not as good as a BAE but still great vocals. Some sparkle on female vocals and piano. Treble is out there, could use some sparkle. Mids are fine, nothing special there. The bass hits hard. Quick with silicone tips, warm with foam tips. The comfort was downright awful for me, as it is with me for any in-ear now. Best genre for these headphones is rock. Due to good bass and not letting up on vocals.
Interesting comparison with the beat pro. Anyone saying that the beat pro sucks haven't heard them. Actually I think the IE7 have mooore bass than the beats pro, and I usually use an eq to decrease bass on ie7.
After eq-ing the ie7, they become all rounder.