Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Sennheiser IE 7 Earphones › Sennheiser IE 7 Earphones Reviews

Sennheiser IE 7 Earphones Reviews

akgK340owner

Counterfeit? Highest end not musical

Pros: Most of frequency range.

Cons: Very high frequency notes sound dull, like hitting metal rods together. Mechanically: short penetration; hard to stay in.

These are normally over $400 on Amazon, where I got them for $100 "opened, but unused" with high expectations corresponding to the $400 price. They had all the tips, but with two mounted on the 'phones and four in the case; no grill cleaner. The problem I found, but which bothers me a lot, is that the highest notes on one of my favorite recordings, Philip Glass's Mishima soundtrack (which is like a tuneful test record), sound like a clicking, not ringing. They sounded like this on my CD, vinyl and iTunes versions, through my TX-NR708 ($800) Onkyo receiver phono input and through a TC-260MC phono amp and FiiO E09K headphone amp, and iPad3 for iTunes. Those notes are musical with my...
SursumCorda

Great sound, terrible design

Pros: Clear sound, crisp, 'fun' to listen to

Cons: badly designed

DISCLAIMER: I am not an audiophile. I am an audio appreciator. I hope. I had these for one year before the sound seemed to "drop" in volume/quality on the right side. However, I had been frustrated with them for quite awhile before then due to their shortcomings in design.   VALUE: I give this an overall positive value simply because the sound on these is really quite good.   AUDIO QUALITY: High - Clean Mid - Full, rich, good body, well produced Bass - Good. Not booming, but good. Not messy, but it lacks a bit of 'presence' to give it oomph. Actually, it was these IEMS that got me started on really appreciating music on a whole new level. They brought...
AstralStorm

Fat sound, but great soundstage

Pros: Excellent comfort, cable and build quality, good sound quality overall

Cons: Bass-slanted and warm sound, slight veil, over-the-ear only, too "fat" timbre, possible fit issues for people with small ears

Bass is slightly boosted with a bit of extra warmth thrown in, but nowhere near the amount present in IE8. Mids sound a bit aggresive with some 3.5k boost. Highs are present, though not exactly delicate. Some 6k hump exists. Extension is ok, but the highest lack volume. In general, the response is bass oriented, which is easy to correct with an equalizer. Timbre is a bit fat on this one. Not smooth, but a kind of "substantial", heavy-handed sound with not a lot of microdetail. Comfort is excellent. Isolation is mediocre - the vented design and shallow fit take its toll. A decent set of tips is included in the package - single flange, biflange of 3 sizes and smallish olives....
Pwn3r4Life

Great Value

Pros: Isolation, Build Quality, Warranty, Case, Amount of Tips

Cons: Comfort, Ear Fatigue

I love these headphones as they are among the best I have heard (noob right?). I would compare these headphones to sound the same as Beats by Dre Pro Headphones with slightly less emphasis on the bass. Now they have great quality overall but more bass oriented. I found the bass to have good transparency until I listened to more modern music which i found it to be slightly over powering. Amp is completely unnecessary.