Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones Reviews

Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones Reviews

alexdemaet

Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones

Cons: the headband is a bit stiff and puts pressure on the ears

I had several of those (balanced and unbalanced) and I liked them alot. I can't remember if they had the newer "silver" drivers. I compared them with the HD600 and they sounded better.
Dunne14

Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones

If you are looking for a great audio experience and are willing to pay a little bit more than typical price. These headphones are open back, so if you are listening in noisy areas they loose alot of their ability, but in the same light the sound quality is excellent in quite areas. If you plan to buy these headphones then consider using them for home use where you can get to a quite area that you are willing to listen to pretty much just listen to music. Also these headphones are not for everyone, I say this for one simple reason : YOU HEAR EVERYTHING! Literally I was entranced when I first these headphones for a simple guitar riff. Since I play guitar I heard every little imperfection...
nikoceballos

HD650

Pros: Perfect sound, perfect fit..

Cons: Any

I love them, perfect sound.
che15

No veil

Pros: GREAT ALL AROUND CAN

Cons: NOT AS DETAILED AS OTHER

Great headphones , not too far behing the best cans out there for much less. Sound better when balanced and with aftermarket cable.
ANDYACE

HD 650 for a semi-audiophile

Pros: Detail, Dynamic Range, Cleaness, Spatiality, transient

Cons: Need a good amp

I like my HD650.  I have always liked the Sennheiser sonic signature and I was immediately impressed after using the HD555 for a couple of years   But then after awhile; after some A/B comparisons I heard the famous HD650 veil.  There seemed to be less treble response than the HD555.  Yes there was definitely more detail and Bass, but after A/Bing with the HD555, I became a bit annoyed. My parents have a cheap triple port headphone amp connected to the TV for $40.  When I connected the HD650 to it, there was no treble response.  This is where impedance matching is really important and something, that most people who dis the Sonic Veil of the HD650 don't understand.   So i...
eugenius

HD650 - why the middle road is for fools

Pros: good frequency response

Cons: muddy bass, soundstage not very wide, slight veil

I recently used a borrowed HD650 in a balanced system for about a month.    After I gave it back and returned to my balanced Grado HF2's, I was shocked how much better the Grado's were.   I must thank Sennheiser for making me appreciate my current headphone. That's about the only good thing I have to say about the HD650. :) I'm kidding, it's good but if you value an open and fast sound this is not the headphone to get.