Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones › Reviews › scolaiw's Review

Sounds absolutely gorgeous.

A Review On: Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones

Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones

scolaiw

Pros: May not be the most neutral or most transparent but will be the most listened to.

Cons: Doesn't look as good as it sounds.

The HD 650s do just about everything right. Extremely forgiving yet detailed, it makes all music sound gorgeous. Absolutely dreamy, you'll find yourself lost within your music. Much of the sound attributes have been said before, e.g. the warmth and laid-back signature, so all I want to say is that if you ever had to buy a pair headphones solely for the enjoyment of music, pick the 650s. It's an absolute bargain at it's current price.

My only complaint is in aesthetics. If only it would look as beautiful and elegant as it sounds. Although, not really a complaint as the sound takes precedence and it's really not that ugly. Could use less plastic though.

What about the 650's looks would you say you don't like? I for one think they look stunning.
Agree with the sonic description, but I find them to be very nice looking cans.
KP
It's not that the 650s look ugly. They look fine, if they were a plain pair of $100 headphones. To me, they just seem too plasticy, plain and boring. The plastic is the real kicker. For $400+ brand new, I am expecting designs akin to the Momentums or the HD 800s. Having said that, I do prefer the silver to the 600s blue-ish marble look. Obviously aesthetics is subjective - just like sound - but at least for something that sounds as elegant as the 650s I expect equally gorgeous looks to boot!