Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones › Reviews › MightyChimp's Review

Great Overall Entry into Hi-fi.

A Review On: Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones

Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones

MightyChimp

Pros: Excellent sound at the price. Much improved sound stage vs lesser headphones. Very comfortable for long listening session.

Cons: Could be more detailed & in-your-face

These are a great pair of cans all around. Very few complaints. Fantastic value. I've been driving them with E17 / E09k - it may not be perfect but it sounds great to my ears!

These are the kind of headphones you forget you are wearing because they are so comfortable. The rolled off treble is great for long listening sessions.

I find that I tend to use them when I want my experience to be a little bit hands-off. The sound, the feel, etc. is all very comfortable. The bass is a little bit underwhelming, but it fits the 'comfortable' experience.  They are nonetheless quite detailed. They aren't bad at really low volumes, but I am more likely to reach for my grados if I want really low listening volume with clarity.

The build quality is quite good. I am worried about the paint chipping though.

They are a massive step up from entry level headphones and IMO about 75% of the way to hi-fi headphones (e.g. LCD3).

In my opinion they work quite well with all genres of music, but are a little bit too laid back for rock.

Comments: