Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones › Reviews › cjpearson's Review

Hd650 - losing my headphone virginity

A Review On: Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones

Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones

cjpearson

Pros: Comfortable, well made, the sound! semi-affordable, attractive, great packaging

Cons: None

I was lucky to find my pair for sale at the price I paid (so my saying this is a bargain is based upon the relatively low amount I had to part with.) Firstly, i'm not, by any means - an audiophile (yet.) Although I love music, love to put my headphones on my head and relax, I am still coming to terms with all of the lingo and what not.

To the headphones. I've never owned an audiophile paid of full-sized headphones before. The closest I came was the 515s then the 595s. Both were okay, but lacked any real character. When I stumbled upon this site, I couldn't hold back any longer. I sold my other cans and invested in a pair of 650s and a Little Dot MK III Amp.

I quickly had a silver cable w/Eichmann interconnects and a pro looking LOD connector made, and I bought a nice new iPhone dock. This combination really is magical. I have converted all of my audio to Apple lossless and this sounds just magical.

The sound from the cans themselves is impressive. The bass is fair, clean and full of conviction, though not overly 'bassy.' The treble is smoothe and definitely not shrill, so far I have experienced, and enjoyed the following genres, on these headphones: Rock, classic rock, classical, jazz, blues and some easy listening. Great headphones, really have me hooked on sound - can't put them down.

What 'Sennheiser Veil?'