Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones › Reviews › IPoopFrootLoops's Review

You can't go wrong with this timeless classic

A Review On: Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones

Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones

IPoopFrootLoops

Pros: Smooth, sweet, loving sound. Comfortable.

Cons: Nothing to me

I am by no means experienced in this field. I am a poor 18 year old who spent a lot of time dishwashing in order to support his unreasonable obsession with great sound.

When searching for my perfect headphone, I narrowed down my choices to two headphones: The Sennheiser HD650 and the HifiMan He-400. I originally picked up the HifiMan He-400s and spent a month with them before parting. They sounded great and were built like a tank, but I knew that the ortho sound wasn't for me. The sound was too fatiguing, and this was exaggerated by the poor comfort that they provided.

My next step, obviously, was to pick up the Sennheisers. As soon as i put them on my head, i knew these were right for me. Comfort was above (my admittedly high) expectations. I could sleep with these babys on, and the sound exceeds their comfort. The smooth, romantic sound woes me in every time. These are the cans that you could listen to for days.

The Sennheisers gave me what I ultimately wanted. And that was to have sonic nirvana poured into my ears for hours on end. I can slip these on and do my homework without being interrupted or l can critically listen to some vinyl.

i say get a good amp too, will make the HD650 shine for real!!
Ah, the joys of putting your hard earned cash into a good pair of headphones. I did laundry at a best western so I can buy my headphones. Glad they were worth it in the end. Cheers.
These ARE my favorite but listening and swapping them with my HD800 though, they feel a little masked sounding. But overall, I found myself going back to these like no other.
I feel for you man! When I was 18 years old HD 650's were twice the price they are now and I could only afford HD 555's which were in another class all-together.... a much lower class. Now I mainly use LCD-2's but while they sound better, i don't think they are as good value as the HD 650's.
You make me feel old. I got my HD580s when I was 18 years old. Funny how it's still essentially the same headphone.
try a cheap aune t1, they sound really good togheter.