Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Sennheiser HD 600 › Reviews › MikeP1985's Review

Great Neutral Headphones

A Review On: Sennheiser HD 600

Sennheiser HD 600

MikeP1985
Posted · 168 Views · 1 Comment

Pros: Accurate sound, wonderful soundstage, perfect mids

Cons: Could use more bass, can bring out the worst in recordings, not very "fun"

Perfect headphones for most instruments and vocals, could be better for hard rock and metal. I've never been so immersed in music in my life than while listening to these. My Bottlehead Crack Amplifier definitely improved their energy and sound quality. I do find myself using treble boost on my ipod, however, and I feel like there could be more "fun" headphones out there. I will be searching for a more bass heavy headphone with a full bodied sound for my hard rock and bass-necessary tracks.

1 Comment:

Before giving up on these and moving to other phones I would suggest getting a dedicated source to go with the Crack. An iPod is ok for certain situations but the 600s really deserve more than it can dish out. I would give a hard look toward something like the schiit bifrost before investing in new phones.
I also listen to hard rock and metal often (Dream Theater, Kamelot, etc.) and the 600s are my most enjoyable phones for these genres.