Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Sennheiser HD-598 › Sennheiser HD-598 Reviews

Sennheiser HD-598 Reviews

wind016

Refer to my review in the forum

Pros: Excellent balance of intimate midrange, one of the very few headphones with a wide AND accurate soundstage

Cons: Congestion if lacking amplification, lack of bass impact (though it is possible to adjust with EQ), plastic

Here
helluvapixel

Great cans! My Baseline headset

Pros: Great sound, super comfortable

Cons: none

My personal favourite headphones. I measure all my future headphones to this pair.   Tight bottom end, punchy, great clarity in the highs.
codeninja

First Sennheiser, great HP

Pros: the sound

Cons: fragile nature

The headphone is very light, and comfortable from the day one.  Out of the box, the light weight and airy nature of the sound plus initially less bass response made me wonder.  However, just about a few hours later, bass response improved, and I started to enjoy the airy sound, which made the sound coming not just around my ears.   Not a big fan of the color as it reminded me of Super Nintendo that discolored in the 90s. I also suspect the fake-leader headband will get dirty soon. The HP is comfortable, although I have big ears that stick out into the paddings which cause minor discomfort.  I'm really concerned about the stories of headband cracking to the point...