Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Sennheiser HD 598 › Sennheiser HD 598 Reviews

Sennheiser HD 598 Reviews

Sennheiser Fann

Best open back headphone in the pirce range of $200

Pros: Natural Sound

Cons: Lack of bass

Hi, Iam a new member of Headfi and Iam a new to the World of high end audio, so I started with the HD 598 as my sort of ''beginner'' type, for now. The sound of it is extraordinary, I didn't expect it to perform this well !!!
Ilovesennheiser

Good choice for headphone uder $200

Pros: Pretty detail sounding for a $200 headphone/between mid to high fidelity/ smooths mid and highs/ very comfortable( doesn't create hot spots)

Cons: Not very details bass/ The cable is too long 3m cable/ Due to lack of bass, the sound sounded quite thin for my taste

When I first look at the headphone, Iwas amaze how the outside of the headphone looks, even though i heard of not many people prefer beige colour. For me, this headphone sound like you are in a actual concert, you being submerge in a room that being play just for you. Overall an amazing experience, this could be a good headphone if you are short in your budget when you cannot afford more high end headphone such as the HD 600. ( I also owned a HD 600 =))   9/10
PWND

Audiophile Grade Headphone/ Classic/ Smooth sound signature/ Precision.

Pros: Buttery smooth mids and highs, natural sounds, removable cable, good value, soft velour pad which maximum comforts.

Cons: Slightly lack of bass and some songs can create some sort of distortions.

This is my first experience of a headphone that can produce an amazing detail sound that can really feel natural and immersive at the same time. The first time when I put on the HD 598, I didn't expect this headphone can perform this well when looking at it price tag. Later on, I also try some other very high end grade headphone which including the Audeze LCD 2 which cost about $1000(+ some very high end DAC/AMP from Kern) , of course with this high price tag, the Audeze perform just like what I expected from it price, instruments sounded like it is playing lively just for you. The thing that Iam trying to say, is that the HD 598 do really benefit the technology from it older brother (HD...
cl92

Excellent headphones for casual use.

Pros: Clear sound, sound signature is very neutral, decent sound-stage, comfortable, well-priced

Cons: sound-stage isn't extremely open, bass light (not good or bad IMO)

I've had these headphones for a little over a year now, and although I've always been extremely pleased with them, I know they aren't amazing. For the money ($149 when I bought them), they are phenomenal semi-entry level headphones. They're clear, not super hard to power, and comfortable. I can't complain about them unless i'm comparing them to other Senn headphones. Obviously, the 600s and 650s blow these out of the water in most respects, but that is to be expected with the price point. All in all, I think these are great headphones, and if I could go back to when I was looking for a new, open pair, I wouldn't change my decision.
Eckart17

Not what I expected in the price range

Pros: Removeable cable, comfortable, sits around the ear not on, has great mids

Cons: small soundstage, feels semi open

I first started getting into audiophile grade headphones in high school (5 years ago) with Sennheiser HD515 headphones which were (at the time) the best headphones I had ever tried. Since then I have sought other headphones, in pursuit of new sound, new experience, and a perfect headphone. I paid 40 dollars for Sennheiser HD515 on amazon in 2010, and a hundred and fifty for these HD598 now. The quality has gone down in my opinion. Sound stage on the HD598 feels small in comparison, for the money I expected a flat but clear sound and to be honest it sounds very distorted in some songs, and seems to push mids above all else, the highs are no where near as clear as my HD515 and the bass...
LandonO

She will pull you in with her smooth comfy curves and keep you with her sound.

Pros: Balanced and rich accuracy. She's a real beauty.

Cons: She doesn't really have any major ones.

Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like me you want one pair to be your main man until it kicks the bucket a couple yours down the road.Not knowing what you want makes buying headphones hard, and so you take to the internet expecting some advice but then get thrown words like warm, shimmering highs, soundstage, and then you get caught flat on your face with too many options to choose from.  I am going to give you my honest impressions and experience, not a whole description of each thing you will hear, because no online review...
Gia Bao

Best headphone under 200 dollars or 250 dollars

Pros: Wide soundstage, details, beautiful look, best experience when listen to classic music, the most comfort headphone i have ever wore, can run unamp =))

Cons: Treble at it peak sound a bit harsh, mids is a bit forward for my taste( I prefer a more laid back smooth experiece in Treble mostly).

I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to the open circumference design the soundstage is HUGE. Overall this is my first audiophile grade headphone that i have bought even though, I would want to know more about the difference between the hd 598 vs hd 600. Sound quality? Smooth?..etc
whitemass

(Under $200 Review)True Detail Cans

Pros: Comfort, Inviting, Warm Design

Cons: Sound Signature Can Throw People Off

So, if you've read anything by me, good! I've used many cans. But I'll never spend over $250 on a pair of headphones. I don't feel it's necessary.    REMEMBER! Headphones Objects With Their Own Personality   On that note, let's talk Sennheiser HD598s'!   Quick Personal Overview When talking Sennheiser, it's definitely easy to say that Open Ear/Back is their profession. I've never cared for any of their Closed Back design cans. The HD598 has a personality all of its own, and definitely a unique Detail Headphone. Before I begin the review, read below. Never compare a headphone to something that's completely different. Sennheiser HD598 - Detail Can, Not...
MyFamilyShoppin

Lacklustre sound

Pros: Comfort

Cons: Too much seperation, distance, and empty areas. No "immersion".

I got the Sennheiser HD-598 based on all the existing rave reviews. It's amazingly comfortable. That's all the good I can say about it. I just hate the sound.   Okay, I am no "audiophile". I am not using these headphones on any fancy sources. First device is my laptop...an MSI GE70. It has "SoundBlaster" lol! Second device is my old phone...a Samsung Galaxy Ace II x. It has "PowerAmp" app installed lol!   So this review is for cheapo weirdo's like me.   Yes, it has "sound stage". It's almost like they put different speakers in different faraway sections of the headphones...and each plays one component of the sound.   But the problem is that everything is...