Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones Reviews

Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones Reviews

aafanatic

My first really great headphone.

Pros: Light weight, comfortable, soundstage, nice highs, replaceable cable and ear pads, visual design.

Cons: not portable or public (open back) average sub bass impact.

I bought these back in 2000 for full retail, which was a lot of money for me at the time. I got to A/B these at a hi-fi shop using my reference CD. I listened to the HD600 and the HD590. I really enjoyed the sub bass impact on the HD590. I was buying them as reference /monitoring headphones for making music with a lot of sub bass content. (It's not always cool with my neighbors to blast sub woofers) They don't have a particularly flat FR, but that is not what I was looking for. I was looking for something that could recreate or replicate my 4.1 desk system that is based on car audio which is what I make music for in the first place. (the cars that go "BOOM")    ...
gregoire

Super comfortable cans

Pros: Comfort

Cons: Sound leakage.

I've had these cans for over 10 years and they have been great. Super comfy to wear - I can wear them for 2-3 hours at a time. Rather bulky if you have to cart them around. The sound is typical Sennheiser, clean, crisp and fairly neutral. Lacking in bass possibly. Lovely delicate highs. Being open backed, they leak sound like crazy and used to annoy my colleagues in the office :)
MrEs

After 10 years of use

Pros: Comfort, good bass, good sound-stage. Light and easy to wear over long listening sessions.

Cons: Until they are run in, you may get a false impression of them. Slightly muffled midrange

These have certainly paid for them selves and after 10 years of use! To this day they are still the best headphones I've heard when not being driven by am amp.   This makes them really easy to use because you can plug them into any source and get amazing sound. Coupled with how light these are they are a great simple solution for anybody who cares about their sound.