Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Sennheiser HD 580 › Reviews › drizek's Review

Excellent

A Review On: Sennheiser HD 580

Sennheiser HD 580

drizek

I have been extremely happy with these headphones for several years now. A hair got stuck in my right driver which caused a rattling at certain frequencies, it actually took me two years before I realized what the problem was and fixed it. Today they are as good as new and I am sad that they are no longer available. I'm sure the HD 700's sound amazing, but for what I paid for my 580s, I think they are one of the best purchases I've ever made.

They complement my much more bass heavy Triple.Fi 10s very well. These give me the soundstage I need to listen to classical, while the IEM's are used for most other types of music.

They look kind of dorky, but they make up for it being being extremely comfortable. I use them to watch TV and movies when I can't use speakers and there is no fatigue or discomfort after several hours of wearing them.

Have you tried them modded? Really opens them up IMO. :-)