Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Sennheiser HD-518 › Reviews › AlMargheim's Review

Everything I Hoped It Would Be Now That I've Replaced the Cable

A Review On: Sennheiser HD-518

Sennheiser HD-518

AlMargheim

Pros: Sounds great, comfortable, plenty of volume with my HTC Rezound

Cons: Factory cable not optimum for portable music players

I bought my HD-518 after Christmas to use with my HTC Rezound Android phone at work. I spent hours researching headphones and finally concluded that the HD-518s were a good bet to meet my requirements for good sound, good comfort, good build quality, and reasonable cost.

The only thing I didn't like about the HD-518 was the 6.3mm (1/4") plug and long cable. Fortunately, Sennheiser is now selling a shorter replacement cable with a 3.5mm plug.

I have to say that the HD-518 and short cable work well together and sound great to my ears. I've spent lots of hours listening to a wide variety of music at work (mostly on Spotify), but some from ripped WMAs from my own CD collection.  The HD-518s have met my expectations so far.

For those who might be interested in the replacement cable, the Sennheiser item number is 5X8SHORTCABLE. See this head-fi article for more info on the cable.

-Al