Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Sennheiser HD 429 Headphones Black › Sennheiser HD 429 Headphones Black Reviews

Sennheiser HD 429 Headphones Black Reviews

funneverends

My first headphones and i have to say it has been awesome!

I decided to do a review because i was so surprisingly satisfied with these headphones. The sound that comes out of this headphones has been amazing. I have not owned many headphones and NOT an audiophile therefore i cannot give a detailed description on its sound, and maybe some would disagree. But i love music, and am very particular about the sound!  I mainly listen to rock for example old 80's rock guns n' roses, aerosmith, ac/dc etc. some modern rock/metal for example velvet revolver, trivium, bfmv etc. and some hip-hop. I can say for sure that for hip hop fans this headphones will be very satisfying! As for rock the headphones is a bit too much on the bass but i like it...
SleathX1

They are really good for the price, and not that bad as a beginner set of cans for a new audiophile (me).

Pros: Insane sound and sturdy build quality for the price. Comfortable most of the time.

Cons: Non-removable HUGE cable. Less-than-great bass if you listen through your phone or iPod. That's about it.

For about $55-60, you can't get better headphone quality. The sound quality isn't the best ever, but for the price it is near unbeatable. The highs (4K and above) are crisp and clear. Great quality highs, and they're not too loud and overpowering. But the upper midrange (1K or 2K) sounds a bit muffled and muddy. The midrange (guitar and low vocals) are okay, but not impressive. To my suprise, the bass as advertised is pretty punchy. They are correct when they say that it's smooth and satisfying, but not too forced. HOWEVER, this is when I have them plugged up to my computer's audio, which has an onboard amp. Through an iPhone, they are lacking. You will require an amp if you...
kraken2109

A comfy and good sounding pair of headphones that won't upset anyone. They're not life changing but for many people they're all you'd need or want.

Pros: Good sound, comfortable, well built, good value

Cons: Thin cable, poor bass and treble extension, feel a bit closed

This review was first published on 09/02/2014 and lasted edited on 09/02/2014 (DD/MM/YYYY)   Edit 1 (09/02/2014): Added photos   Introduction Everything written below is my opinion, and nothing else. You may completely disagree with everything I say. You can assume that if I’m writing a review I have spent a good amount of time with the headphones and I’ve bought them with my own money. While I have a specific set of test tracks used for reviewing, it’s safe to say that I have listened to far more than these tracks with these headphones. Overall I look for an accurate and neutral sound - I'm not a basshead.   I have had the HD429 for over 2 years (at the time of...
samu

Nice headphone Indeed

Pros: Lightweight, Durable Build Material, Smooth Bass (as in the taglines), Nice Comfort, Crisp Sound

Cons: Unnecessarily long cable, Not Enough Clamping Force (for me), Sound-staging Not as Much as Expected.

This is my first circumaural over-the-ear headphone. I've own it for almost a year by now, and I am pretty much delighted with the sound quality, pretty reasonable with the price ($80). I love this headphone.   Build Quality and Comfort This headphone made with a polycarbonate material like, it is unexpectedly durable. I don't have any issue with any clacking part when I am moving around or shaking my head, it is very well made. This headphone even-tough big, it is lightweight. No issue with longer listening time.   This headphone comes with a leather-like material, well padded. It's kinda shallow in my ears so the drivers would touch the ears, not really comfort for...