Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones › Reviews › Bigshow33's Review

Great throw around cans.

A Review On: Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones

Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones

Bigshow33

Pros: Good build quality, solid sound.

Cons: The headband...

The first of these that I have are going on 5 years old, I am also listening to them while I type this review. I am basing my opinion on this pair. I received a NIB pair about a month ago but have not listened to them yet. I really like everything about this headphone. I am a big fan of the Sennheiser sound signature though; they always seem to suite my musical tastes. I have a preference for closed cans, and this is a solid one for an entry level of better sound. My one complaint is that I have a large head and have to extend the headband all the way out on both sides. This is where my complaint comes into play, with them in full extension and on my head, the band sticks out weirdly from my head. It is an almost comical the way it looks. Other than that I cannot fault these cans.

Find a box a little wider than your head and put them on there overnight, repeat until they feel a little better. I've had a pair for about 5 years too, I forget what model sennheisers they replaced (500's I think), curiously the box for each said "made in Ireland". I like the 280's better actually as providing good isolation, good sound (mostly pleasant tonality w/ample bass), good build quality. I feel about the same as you.... all in all a nice 99 dollar can.
Thanks for the advice. The comfort is great, I love the isolation they provide. I just the think with the band fully extended and then placed on my head it looks funny! It literally sticks out like 4 or 5 inches on both sides of my head.