Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone Reviews

Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone Reviews

jcotteri

Hardy and good value

Pros: Hardy, highly replaceable, swivel cup, long cord

Cons: uncomfortable after extended use, a bit bulky

Good value for the use I get out of them professionally and personally.. A great all rounder Can and they make my ears happy ;)
dorino

A perfect headphone for home/portable at 200USD, usually less!

Pros: Affordable price, indestructible, comfy, and fun

Cons: Cable is a steel cable. Not perfect.

Very Grado-y sound signature, but closed. An amazing portable headphone. Very easy to "personalize" with other colored pads and also very easy to disassemble. HD650 cable fits when flipped over. Amazing phone for the price and portability.
amende

Amazing Headphones

Pros: Great Clear Sound

Cons: Very Tight on My Head

I love these headphones. I just recently got these headphones for Christmas and they are AMAZING. In the past few years I have created a huge love for music and found this site when looking for some really good quality headphones. I love the sound quality of vinyl music and these headphones are great because they work with my record player which uses a 6.3mm headphone input. Hands down the sound quality of these headphones are the best. They don't have too much bass and have a nice clear precise sound. My only complaint is that at first the headphones are really tight. I am an average weight 21 year old girl and even I thought these headphones were tight at first. I do have to mention...
tds101

I luv 'em!

Pros: SQ above all else,...

Cons: Kinda tight,...but not too bad.

The above says it all, as well as numerous other reviews. I luv these supra aural cans,...and I'll keep them till I either go deaf or die!
amateriat

A Diamond in a Very Big Rough

Pros: Tonal balance, light weight, durability/serviceability, low-key aesthetics

Cons: Smaller/shallower soundstage than a good open-back headphone; may require some break-in time for optimum wearing comfort

The problem with having a reference-grade pair of headphones for home listening (in my case, Grado's amazing Prestige Series SR325is) is that when you start looking for 'phones to listen to away from home, just about everything you try inevitably comes up short in one way or another, and the name of the game becomes "which set of compromises am I willing to live with?" For me, the current crop of headphones aimed toward portable listening is, at best, merely acceptable. I could drag out the usual suspects to use as punching bags, but we already know who they are; just think style-over-substance and there's no need to name names. But there are a few seriously-mediocre 'phones out...
d1v1d

Long-term review

Pros: Good isolation for trains, buses, great bass, shows up clear differences in source file qualities

Cons: OK, a bit geeky but who cares

Durable - replaced pads after two years - i use case supplied with phones for storage
Danchou

The perfect portable HP

Pros: Sound quality, impact on bass and drums, detailed and refined yet fun sounding, completely user customizable/ detachable

Cons: 100% plastic, light microphonics, revealing, imaging and soundstage

I bought the Sennheiser HD 25-1 (adidas) after my ATH-M50 had a loose connection and i had to return them. Though I loved the M50's, they made me realize that a headphone is not all about sound quality. Their isolation just didn't do it for me, and the pleather pads got my ears sweaty all the time. The HD 25-1 finally does everything I need it to do. The isolation is top notch, and the velour pads are more comfy then pleather while not getting sweaty. Sound: The sound quality of the HD 25-1 II was horrible out of the box, but they got better after a few minutes. I didnt notice much of a burn-in process after that, and was quite disappointed with their sound, cause the only thing they...
Ikelmonster

Amazing headphones

Pros: Portability, ability to take any music thrown at it

Cons: initial comfort, stock pleather pads cause sweat issues

These headphones are great. I listen to mostly metal and have listened to Grado's mostly because of it, and these phones are really similar to the grado sound; I can see why people refer to these as the equivalent to a closed grado headphone. It's funny to me how different these phones are to the description of every other sennheiser headphones. Every review for the hd 600 or 650 talks about their laid back nature, while the hd 25's are anything but laid back. indeed, they are very forward, and for metal and rock, this is just what the doctor ordered. Bass-y music sounds great too, these headphones can really bring out the lower end of the sound spectrum. My only gripe with them is the...