Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone Reviews

Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone Reviews

High quality headphones which are build to last.

Pros: Clear and detailed pure sound, solid build quality, light weight, decent isolation, serve a great purpose as DJ headphones

Cons: Neutral sound is not for everyone, narrow sound stage, clamping force takes time to soften up.

I'll make this clear - the sound signature of these headphones will not blow you away. I was expecting a lot from these (after reading the many positive reviews) and when i first listened to them i felt a little underwhelmed.   We've all had that experience where we listen to a piece of music and think...meh it's ok - and then months later you're putting in your top 10 all time favourite list. Well i've had the same experience with these cans. I have grown to love them!     Design - They're lightweight, surprisingly portable and have a minimal look and feel. They can be used as DJ headphones due to their tilt cup design (the left headphone can be tilted away from...

Durable great portable sound.

Pros: Detailed, portable, great isolation.

Cons: Not really confortable for long periods of time.

I have own the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II for more than 6 years now, and everything is still in perfect condition. I have always love the analytical sound this unit delivers... These have turn to be my personal favorite headphones for tracking live instruments and recording vocals, but I use them to listen to music when traveling, and they are my favorite portable headphones as well.   They are not really that confortable, I find them to be a little uneasy to wear for long periods of time, but they isolate really well and sound great with theire slightly v shaped sound signature. I will recomend this headphones for anyone looking to something portable and with great sound isolation.

Grand-daddy of Quality Closed Headphones

Pros: Neutral, detailed, non fatiguing, comfortable velour earpads, cable can be replaced with sennheiser HD650 cable

Cons: Not much soundstage

This is my reference for what a portable closed headphone should be. It's neutral and sounds good on all genres. It's not a giant killer like the DT531, but keep in mind it is closed and portable and has the most durable build quality of anything I've seen. Also, it has the cheapest, most cost effective upgrade available for it, the upgrade to an HD650 cable. In my opinion it is the second best deal to be had in headphones for a beginner to this hobby, second only to the Beyerdynamic DT531, if you can find it. The Beyerdynamic DT531 has better high range sparkle and soundstage, but less midrange realism, depending on the genre you're listening to. Anyways, neither are a perfect...

For DJs only

Pros: Very good isolation, reasonably dynamic

Cons: Painful on-ear clamping force, harsh treble peak, closed sound

These headphones are clearly designed for DJs in dance clubs and I can't recommend them for general or casual use.  They get 3 stars for doing what they're designed to do well enough but could be much better.   They are very isolating as a result of a strong clamping force that crushes my ears to the point of pain after 10-15 minutes.   The sound is very forward and punchy.  Good for techno/dance but lacks refinement, subtlety and space.   They are overly bright and there's a treble peak that causes sibilance and is very unattractive.  Though I didn't use a high quality amp this peak seems to be recognised in frequency response charts and other reviews...

Should be the Norm

Pros: balanced, isolated, easily repairable, neutral (a bit redundant, no?)

Cons: clamp force, looks and other aesthetics, accessibility

Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass.   Songs Used for Listening/Critiquing: Stuck on You - Michiko Unlike Any Other - Jeremy Ellis Garden - Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs Basically, **** You - Deru Flashlight - Parliament Creator - Santigold Petrified - Fort Minor Jamba - Tyler, the Creator Ballad of NGB - Stateless I'll Never Leave You - Rogue Wave BloodStream - Quartet Session - Stateless Blue Ridge Mountains - Fleet Foxes Sunburn - Muse Rhino - Solander   I know that headphones are truly the best...
The Shane Train

Buy these. Stop looking for any other headphones.

Pros: Amazing sound, split headband, rotatable cups, indestructible, crazy light.

Cons: Can be uncomfortable after an extremely long time wearing them, but still very comfortable.

Best headphones I have ever used. Ever. Period.  You will not use better headphones than these.  I directly compared these to Beats Studios the other day and the Beats almost made my eardrums bleed after using my good old Sennheisers.  OK, that was an exaggeration, but you get the point.

Real headphones for 'Music Lovers'

Pros: Durable & Hard Wearing, Good Looking, Excellent Sound Quality, Good Sound Isolation,

Cons: None that I can think of

OK I've never reviewed headphones before but think that the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II are the perfect set to start out with, I really love these headphones, I think they look good and as for sound quality they are really great all round performers, great bottom end, good mids & good tops. I'm not gonna get technical with bright, dark, veiled, sibilant etc etc. I'm not good with all these terms, my ears tell me I like them, I wouldn't say they were sound perfection but I've yet to find a pair that could be described that way. I actually own/have owned many headphones, all of them have some kind of flaw. If I had to describe the flaw with these I would say they have a 'very slight screechy...

Calling them a great value is an insult

Pros: sensitive, durable, modular replacement parts

Cons: headband can be a bit tight when new

I'm pretty far from what I'd consider to be an audiophile.  I know that based on the extremes that people can go with this stuff that I'm never going to bring myself to justifying that kind of obsessive behavior, but I do believe in quality and performance and when you find something that works that the price is usually well worth it.  These headphones are the definition of money well spent.  I had bought blister pack junk in the $50-100 range for years with about every single year requiring replacement.  Not only did they not hold up, but they just never really sounded great.  I think that the sound quality has been discussed to death on these over the years as...

Perfect portable headphone for Electronic Music.

Pros: Clean low end, fun to listen to, detailed sound, high quality, light.

Cons: Clamping, bad with glasses.

I love my HD25-1 II Headphones. They are, in my opinion the perfect portable headphone. I am not a huge fan of on-ear headphones but I do quite enjoy them. The sound quality is addicting, they are easily driven by an iPod or iPhone and have quite a bit of low end (perfect for modern electronic music), but when put on a proper amp the low end levels out the headphone becomes much more accurate.   The only real problem I see with them is they have quite a clamping force and when put on with glasses can become very uncomfortable. I use them for a max of 2 hours.

What can I ask for?

Pros: Sound quality, changeable parts

Cons: confort maybe? and narrow soundstage

I never thought that there's such a headphone like this existing! Everything that I'm looking for for a headphone, I found it all on this hp. Cool looks (at least for me), changeable parts (especially the cables), superb clarity with excellent bass response, and lastly, known for its superb durability.