Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone Reviews

Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone Reviews

Showing 2 3-star reviews (see all 37 reviews)

Tilpo

Sennheiser HD 25-1 II

Pros: Relatively cheap, indestructible, good comfort, nice bass impact, good isolation

Cons: Bad soundstage, spikey treble, annoying cable

Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Review Introduction I bought these headphones about a year ago to enjoy my music with decent isolation, comfort and sound quality on my portable rig. I was very satisfied with them, and have been up until I got my IE80's. The IE80's are simply better in terms of sound quality and portability. However, these cans are still absolutely awesome in other aspects. Before I'm going to do away with my trustworthy HD 25-1 II's, I thought it'd be worth the effort to write a review about them. I tried to keep this review short and clear, without leaving anything out. I'd like to think I succeeded, but like always I kindly ask for your input. Listening setup I wrote the...
iVinyl

puzzled by good reports..

Pros: small, sensitive light and good sound proofing

Cons: overwhelming character

I have Grado SR60, SR225i, HD650 and HD25 II's, with an iBasso headphone amplifier, fed by an ipod dock cable. I principally bought the HD25's as a monitor headphone for video use but thought I would burn them in for 100 hours and see what they do with music. The reproduction is not what one would call subtle, the extreme frequencies are pronounced and there is little impression of ambience or imaging. It is like it is trying too hard to please.  I can imagine, for that reason, it suits loud rock music, but it tramples delicate good recordings.  The cable picks up some microphony.