Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone › Reviews › RayMusicLover's Review

Real headphones for 'Music Lovers'

A Review On: Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone

Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone

Rated # 2 in On-Ear
RayMusicLover
Posted · 21901 Views · 4 Comments

Pros: Durable & Hard Wearing, Good Looking, Excellent Sound Quality, Good Sound Isolation,

Cons: None that I can think of

OK I've never reviewed headphones before but think that the Sennheiser HD 25-1 II are the perfect set to start out with, I really love these headphones, I think they look good and as for sound quality they are really great all round performers, great bottom end, good mids & good tops. I'm not gonna get technical with bright, dark, veiled, sibilant etc etc. I'm not good with all these terms, my ears tell me I like them, I wouldn't say they were sound perfection but I've yet to find a pair that could be described that way. I actually own/have owned many headphones, all of them have some kind of flaw. If I had to describe the flaw with these I would say they have a 'very slight screechy sound' but they do make up for it with their excellent sound quality & general performance, as I said before personally I think all headphones have some kind of flaw. I hope that my description doesn't put you of because I honestly think these are one of the better headphones available and out perform many at twice the price.

Nowadays I see more and more people wearing them in the streets & I think to myself these are people who care about how their music sounds, I got my first pair in the late 90's for DJ purposes, They are unbeatable. I've dropped them hundreds of times, the worst thing that ever happens is the ear-cups fall off, you just clip them back on again and your back in business, I've trodden on them more times than I care to remember, they've been literally ripped from my head when some fraggle went & got caught up in the cable (this has happened more than once). The cables are really strong. Durability wise these headphones are in a class of their own,

Comfort: They are tight but I wouldn't say excessive, they're not going to fall from your head, I always use them when I'm on my pushbike, safe in the knowledge that they are safe and secure. Sometimes I remove them for a few seconds to give my ears a break but in my opinion they're a comfortable fit, I like the way the headband separates, with a little bit of adjustment you will find the fit that's best for you.

As for portable audio once again I reiterate these are great headphones, they are of low enough impedance to perform well when plugged into an iPod. They are even better when plugged into an amp or my little Hisoundaudio Studio-V (DAP). Yes I do recommend them but I am biased because I totally am in love with them.

Bottom line... You can't go wrong with these headphones, they are highly sought after & have a high resell value, they make men look wise & women look sexy.

"... they make men look wise & women look sexy."

Made me smile :)
Nice one AmberOzL, maybe I should add "They make women look wise & men look sexy" depending where you're coming from. :)
Why not : they make everyone look wise and sexy :p
I always see my favourite electronic artists using these live. Count in Feed Me, Ed Rush, Knife Party, etc which I can't remember atm