Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone › Reviews › Danchou's Review

The perfect portable HP

A Review On: Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone

Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone

Rated # 2 in On-Ear
Danchou

Pros: Sound quality, impact on bass and drums, detailed and refined yet fun sounding, completely user customizable/ detachable

Cons: 100% plastic, light microphonics, revealing, imaging and soundstage

I bought the Sennheiser HD 25-1 (adidas) after my ATH-M50 had a loose connection and i had to return them.

Though I loved the M50's, they made me realize that a headphone is not all about sound quality.
Their isolation just didn't do it for me, and the pleather pads got my ears sweaty all the time.

The HD 25-1 finally does everything I need it to do.
The isolation is top notch, and the velour pads are more comfy then pleather while not getting sweaty.

The sound quality of the HD 25-1 II was horrible out of the box, but they got better after a few minutes.
I didnt notice much of a burn-in process after that, and was quite disappointed with their sound, cause the only thing they did better then the M50 were drums and bass, while lacking a lot in highs, detail and especially soundstage and imaging.

After two weeks of frequent use and over-night burn-in (~200 h) they suddenly made a BIG leap in sound quality and especially detail and extension.
Compared to the M50 they sound more refined and detailed while also revealing a lot of bad recordings/ sources. the impact on drums and bass is just heavenly, like the overall bass response.

The only thing they lack compared to the m50 is imaging(not existant) and soundstage.
But since I use them as portable headphones mainly, that doesn't bug me at all.

Conclusion:
the hd 25-1 is a really decent hp and definitely one of the best portable headphones.
I especially love the user customizable style, cause i don't have to worry what might happen if my warranty were to run out.

If you find the pads to be uncomfortable, wash them in warm water. It makes them smoother and allows a better fit and comfort for the head.

Comments: