Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Sennheiser HD 212 Headphones › Reviews › mcandmar's Review

Terrible

A Review On: Sennheiser HD 212 Headphones

Sennheiser HD 212 Headphones

mcandmar

Pros: Cheap

Cons: Sennheiser Veil with a vengeance

All lows, no highs. Only headphone i have ever heard to distort when properly amped. Just hopeless.

I must say I have had these headphones for near on 10 years and I couldn't disagree with you more regarding the sound signature.
I cannot comment on the amp as while using these I was younger and was ignorant to such things, however if "properly amped", why would it distort? Wouldn't properly amped imply that the amp setup is ideal for the can, thus this makes no sense??

In any case I am sorry you feel this way, I had a very different experience with them and they are responsible for my now expensive habit
I cannot explain it but power them from any kind of decent amp and the bass will start to distort.  They only seem to work with very low power devices like iPods.   There just sound terrible to me, no detail at all, i'm sure if you went back to them now you would cringe.
Well I finally went back to them haha.  I am waiting on some CIEM's and had no other headphones so broke them out of retirement.
Listening to them out of a beyer a200p I think they sound quite fine.  I wouldnt say they sound good compared to other headphones I have had of late, but at low listening volumes (and I must emphasize this) they are very nice indeed.
When the volume goes up however the enjoyment does diminish steeply lol.
In saying that, for a pair of headphones I bought in my teen's to still be working and sounding respectable I couldn't be happier.