Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Sennheiser HD 212 Headphones › Sennheiser HD 212 Headphones Reviews

Sennheiser HD 212 Headphones Reviews

Positive Reviews

g-funk

An old dear friend

Pros: Extremly sturdy and good sound

Cons: Not that good looking if you ask me.

I bought the HD 212 pro when they were fresh in the shops some 8 years ago and I have used them up to this day. And I have used them practically every day since! That alone is amazing for the quality. Due to exchangeable parts through the years - cord (6 or 7 times) and ear pads (only ones) - the lifespan is epic!   I have used them mainly for my media player, there for this review is suppose to be understood as used with digital audio formats such as quality mp3s from a minimum of 192 or higher and looseless audio such as FLAC. I have not used these for listening to vinyl or any other superior format or other additional amplifying. I started out with a portable cd-player and...

Negative Reviews

mcandmar

Terrible

Pros: Cheap

Cons: Sennheiser Veil with a vengeance

All lows, no highs. Only headphone i have ever heard to distort when properly amped. Just hopeless.

More Reviews

karimjaz

One of the best less-than-50USD headphones

Pros: Detailed sound quality, Comfortable, Strongly built, Good value for money, Lot of Sennheiser spare parts

Cons: Some cable problems (had to be replaced once): the mini-jack connector of the right-hand speaker was worn out after a full-intensive 3 years of usage

Forget about Beats Headphones! It's time to discover what music really sounds like: the Sennheiser is a good first step :)
derbigpr

Forever in my heart

Pros: FUN, great value, very powerful bass, good mids and highs, comfortable, light, sturdy, great isolation, removable cable, MUCH better than XB500

Cons: Bass sometimes tends to slightly overpower mids and highs in some songs, which can be good or bad depending on genre, looks cheap, thin cables.

These are my favorite headphones. I've had them for years, I don't even remember when I bought them, but still to this day, every time I put them on, they put a big smile on my face.   I own headphones such as Sennheiser HD650 and AKG Q701, and have owned many others much more expensive than HD212's, but none of them were as fun.   HD212pro are in my opinion one of those headphones which make you forget about sound neutrality, or soundstage, or imaging, etc...they just make you have fun.  Any music, from techno, dubstep, rock to classical and jazz sounds great for the money, and that constant smooth bass envelops you. No other cans that I have tried can produce as...
tuan0r

Still own them

Pros: price to quality, bass, durability, light, comfort, good sound isolation

Cons: not the greatest look

Value: 10/10 For its price range, Sennheiser HD 212 Pro are one of the best buys out there. Nothing much to add here.   Audio Quality: 9/10 Great bass, mids and highs are good enough. Sounds like the $300 Beats Studio.   Design: 8/10 Not the best design. The look isn't great, but considering its price, I would not complain much.   Comfort: 9/10 Main asset is that they are very light. Feels great wearing them.   Overall: 9/10 Great buy and great bang for buck.