Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Sennheiser HD 202 Headphones › Reviews › captainsolo's Review

Senn HD202

A Review On: Sennheiser HD 202 Headphones

Sennheiser HD 202 Headphones

captainsolo

Pros: Value, SQ for the $, relative comfort

Cons: Overlong cord, not good for long periods

The value on these is just incredible. I'll be the first to admit that my headphone knowledge is not the greatest, but it's 7 months in and I'm still surprised by these phones, which are still working perfectly. The design is simple and relatively comfortable, even for glasses wearers. (I currently wear pretty thick plastic frames too.) The isolation is not bad but outside sounds are still clearly noticeable. This is also a reason for these being not the best choice for activities because eventually the sweat and buildup will make you want to slip them off quickly.

Comfort is great for the first 20 minutes to an hour, but after that there is a buildup of overall tightness that eventually makes you want to revert back to speaker listening.

SQ is the biggest surprise because these $20-30 phones sound great across the board. In my eyes at the $20 I originally paid it's the best deal in everyday consumer cheap phones. We used them in my college radio station and I was floored at some of the sounds I was hearing out of these cheapo studio phones, even in comparison to the far more cumbersome hd280 pros!

But why in the heck is the darned cord so long??

All in all, you get what you pay for. These are a great cheap headphone choice for general listening for short periods.

Comments: