Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Sennheiser HD 201 Headphones › Reviews › BotByte's Review

Cheap OverHead headphones

A Review On: Sennheiser HD 201 Headphones

Sennheiser HD 201 Headphones

BotByte

Pros: Cheap, over ear, cord length

Cons: Sound, cord, fit, size, material, plug, adjustable

I have to say this, these are one of the worst headphones I have ever had.

To start the comfort is horrible. I have long hair, curly so it all bundles together. Older headphones slid through my hair, these grab every single lock and tear it off my skull. They are not slanted, to they can slid behind you head all the time. The cushions are cheap and won't last very long. They do not adjust easily, I have two clicks on one side and three on the other side. They will irritate your ears because of the non-slant in the design. The top pad is soft, yet because of the design, causes the sides to dig into your head anyways.

The cord is long 3 meters, 3 yards, 9 feet. That's abotu the only good thing. The cord doesn't wear out of that packaging crimps ever, the connections are cheap and the plug is cheap.

The sound took me a while to figure out. You need to boost your bass (I use a great soundcard on my desktop) and it took me a while to figure that out. The bass is simulated (fake BOOM) and the treble is low. Music starts to sound chippy and grainy at higher volumes. Sound leaks not too badly.

If you work with your soundcard and audio driver, you can make these things actually work well.

Realtek HD Audio Driver set to Underwater environment with Powerful set in Eualizer worked out the bass problems

They are nothing to walk around with.

Currently I have then handing by a line in my room that i can drop anytime and pop into my desktop to listen to at any moment with the long cord.

Personal Amp much needed

Through I hate them so much, I still use them for the cord length and price

If you want something you can throw away later without regrets or give to someone, these would be it.

Comments: