Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Gaming Headsets › Sennheiser G4ME ONE Over-Ear Gaming Headset

Sennheiser G4ME ONE Over-Ear Gaming Headset

Rated #17 in Gaming Headsets

Sponsored

Get the latest news and updates at the Sennheiser sponsor page.

Pros: Lightweight, Flexible, Velour ear pads, Best Boom Mic on the Market.

Cons: 50 ohm impedance, Cramped & Fuzzy at first.

First off let me say this...

This is my first review, I've decided to start somewhere between the upper echelon, and the top of the gaming headset realm.

Sennheiser being my choice for gaming, I rounded up the numbers of very satisfied, loyalists to the brand. Come to find out, their needs differ entirely from mine, although I do enjoy a finely, tuned machine that serves form & function, over aesthetics. I purchased the G4ME ONE headset on a whim, knowing my Tritton 5.1's were on their last, very last leg. I got tired of constantly adjusting the bulky almost robotic medium fit headset to sit comfortably on my ears. The faux leather ear pads softened up over the 2.5 years I owned them - which I kinda got used to. Another thing that forced me to search for a new competitive gaming headset was the constant need/use for a microphone in online gameplay. I could've taken other measures and wrapped a bluetooth, or integrated modmic somewhere and made due, but again, I went out on a limb this time....

So back in April, I started researching the most outstanding gaming headsets that money could buy, yada yada yaa...

I came across the probably more useful 7.1 Sennheiser PC 363 series, and they seemed like the proper candidate for headphone replacement, it's just that it's included external USB card wouldn't be compatible for my console gaming setup. Damn, oh well. So now back to the drawing board...

Sennheiser just recently updated their product line-up for the 2014 year. The G4ME ZERO & ONE were released, I figured what the hell, seems legit. I immediately honed in on the specifications for both and realized I would need a solid, dedicated external amp to extract the utmost from these cans. I looked into ASUS, Creative Labs, and a few other competitors. Again, I'm not really inclined to stereo headphones versus your more modern "surround" headphones, I think after owning the Trittons, with that 5.1 field of aural soundstage - I really thought they would be tough to beat. I chose the G4ME ONE initially because of the brand pedigree Sennheiser has. Secondly, the fit on these cans are pretty snug and unnoticeable after several hours of intense gaming. I will add the minor disappointment, comes from the lack of solid dedicated drivers. I really wanted these cans to punch me in the drums, and show me some depth.  Wishful thinking again, not working. Well, after taking these for a test drive through just basic mic hookup, I finally wound up choosing the Astro Mixamp Pro 2013 7.1 as a quick solution fix to drive these guys, and I can really start to tell a difference in the enhanced sound the G4ME ONE's deliver.

Overall, these guys really only get a 4. At $190 they leave me expecting much more than I had hoped.

I just really wish, these things had more depth over clarity. The stereo sound is great - dialogue superb. There's just no dimensional accuracy, and no sense of audio submersion in the acoustical environment your viewing.

No member lists contain this item yet.
Sennheiser G4ME ONE Over-Ear Gaming Headset

The preferred headset for professional gamers throughout the world. German-engineered speaker technology and a top-notch noise-cancelling microphone deliver outstanding hi-fi performance that let you focus on the game, not your headset.Simply the BestG4ME™ ONE is the crème de la crème headset for home gaming. It is arguably the most comfortable high-end gaming headset on the market and it features an extremely accurate and natural sound experience.Open Design. No Sweat: Air is led through to your ears, keeping your head light and cool.Hi-Fi Sennheiser Sound: Excellent hi-fi sound, reproduced exactly the way the game developers intended your game to sound.XXL Ear Pads: Plush velvet ear pads for ultimate comfort and plenty of space around your ears.Sennheiser Transducer Technology: Extreme clarity and accurate, developed at our own labs.Noise-Canceling Microphone: Professional-grade noise-canceling microphone with intuitive mute function."Ergonomic Acoustic Refinement": Sennheiser technology delivers ultimate sonic accuracy and clarity by channeling signals directly into your ears.Feel the Game, Not the HeadsetFeel the rush, the beats, the tension and the awesome sound. Not your headset. The G4ME™ ONE gaming headset features an extremely accurate and natural sound experience. The open design ensures that air can be led through to your ears, keeping your head light and cool for hours of non-stop gaming.Soft and LightWhether you play for 30 minutes or a

BindingElectronics
ModelG4MEONE
MPNG4MEONE
PublisherSennheiser
StudioSennheiser
TitleSennheiser G4ME ONE Over-Ear Gaming Headset (White)
UPC615104252462