Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Sennheiser CX300-B Earbuds (Black)

Sennheiser CX300-B Earbuds (Black)

Rated #134 in Universal Fit

Sponsored

Get the latest news and updates at the Sennheiser sponsor page.

Pros: Comfort,

Cons: Outdated Sound, Microphonics,

Like many other people, I got my cx300's as they were widely available on the high street with not much competition at the time. They are mostly known for their bass which is very abundant. The problem with that much emphasis on bass is the rest of the range suffers. Treble, in particular, suffers quite badly and is drowned out. Add to this very little clarity in the bass which doesn't have great extension anyway and for sound you are soon left wanting.

The trusty cx300's are quite comfortable to wear but isolation is not that good due to the shallow insertion and cable noise can be quite bad. You just get the feeling they were designed for a 13 year old who just thought more bass was better, people's ideas have moved on since then. Overall there are  much better for the price out there. Also there are many fakes out there which are worse but come without a warranty (which you may need).

Pros: Comfortable, decent sound, actually fit in my malshapen ears, pretty good drowning-out-of-world, longevity, cheap

Cons: Uh... I...

I'm genuinely shocked that folks are unimpressed with these buds. They've served me very well for a looooong time. Yes, they handle bass veery well, but I never found that was at the expense of treble, not at the start (are now, since 4 years of earwax... yeh, you knowaddamean). Could be better isolating? Sure, but I regularly hear nothing of the outside world when I have them plugged, unless someone's near me. I like being isolated, buuuut, I guess I like being able to hear when the truck is about to collect me or whatever.

What impressed me most about these, srsly, is the comfort. I have a laaarge collection of earphones that I've ditched because they lack a satisfying suction-cup attachment to my very (apparently) malformed ear canals. So many would just drop out of my ears so very easily. Until these.

Now, alright, they're probably long in the tooth now, and I'll prolly have to replace them b4 year's out, but for what its worth, I have yet to buy anything I was more satisfied with.

Pros: Generally good value

Cons: Too dark

These earphones, now the de facto first upgrade for an iPod, are alright if not unexciting. Compared to the stock iPod buds they're like hearing music for the first time again, but there are many other options which sound as good if not better. For my money, I would and do recommend Sony.

Pros: emphasized lower end for the gym/comfy

Cons: uneven cord length from split

Well worthwhile upgrade and not too expensive. Emphasized lower end.

My only complaint after using these for the gym for over a year now is that the cord length is different from the split to the buds.(one more than twice as long as the other)

Pros: Great isolation, good audio quality

Cons: Wire design, pricey

For a price this earphone has, it sounds great. A good bass response for something this small, and superb isolation from outside noise. Without music on, you can't barely hear anything else, as it doubles up as earplugs. But design wise, it should have a normal Y-shaped wire split to left and right earphones instead of going back 'round the neck. Just too messy. And the wire insulator material is to rubbery and grippy. But overall, the x-factor is the sound. But it could've been cheaper.

Pros: Comfort, bass

Cons: Poor mids, sometimes too much bass, crackle

I should disclose that I purchased these headphones for $15, and for that price I recommend that anyone snatch them up as a back up, or workout phones. However, not sure that I would purchase them for $60 or even $40. These headphones really struggle with mids, and sometimes the bass is flat-out overpowering. I like to test out my headphones by listening to Pinback, as their music is a good representation of the aural spectrum. I found that the bass (which under normal circumstances should be almost an afterthought in a Pinback song; I have heard the drums in their songs described as "percussive breathing") took over the rest of the song.

Isolation on the CX300s is a mixed bag. I use these on my train commute and find them more than adequate to block out the train noise and other passengers; however, the cable noise is sometimes too much to bear.

Anyone looking for a quick and dirty upgrade over stock headphones should consider these, especially at the price I paid. If you are looking to spend 40 or more I would keep looking.

Pros: Not very expensive

Cons: Awful sound

Having been a marketing casualty years ago by the Sennheiser headphone giant having two decent over-ear headphones bought of them, I decided to have these for an MP3 player additionally seeing good reviews about them.

I don't know if eartips of them not fitted well in my ears but the sound was awful!!!

I can't say enough about mids, trebles, basses etc. but overall the sound was harsh to a point that my ears couldn't stand the dreadfull noise of them!!!

As I was a newbie in IEM's it was a traumatic experience as it was difficult for me as a music user to buy another in-ear after them.

As I pre-wrote I hope there were the tips not fitted well in my ear canal because I didn't expect such a drawback from the Sennheiser company.

I don't recommend them at all!!!

(A day before the review I tested (without burn-in and Comply foams where I am an admirer) the Philips SHE-3590 and they are much better than 300's and they cost lower than 10 euros!!!)

Anyway, test them before you buy them.

Have a nice life, yannisgk.

Pros: sound is decent

Cons: packaging, cord, 3.5mm jack, carry pouch,

Bought these as a cheap iem to use while my customs are being fixed, they sound pretty good for the price, isolate well enough to be bearable on the train, and weren't too expensive.
My problems with them come from the entire design of both the iem's and the product as a whole.
Plastic death packaging is awful, physically getting the phones out of the package was infuriating, rather than a pleasure, even with scissors, and a stanley knife.
enclosed where the earbuds, 2 extra sizes of silicone tips, and a plasticy pouch with a metal snap close ala sunglasses cases..
The pouch offers little or no protection for the buds, thoughtful, but pretty useless really. iems are easily damaged, that seems to be a fact, so a hardcase is somehting of a must in my books. even at this price point. Logitech can do it, so Sennheiser damn well should too.
The cable feels cheap, flimsy, and generally disgusting, I can't comment on it's durability yet, but it doesn't look promising. Even more annoying is that the length of cables after the splitter is whack.
The left bud has around half the cable to the right, so I'm forced to wrap the right around the back of my neck, this is both annoying, and dysfunctional. Why they do this is beyond me, it just makes them less convenient and comfortable to use.
Finally, is something that seems to be a theme with sennheiser products.. The 3.5mm jack, is right angled (which I like) but it if freaking huge, I can fit my index finger between the gap it makes with the player, that is totally unnecessary and seriously annoying.
I wouldn't recommend these to anyone, even if they sound good, they're horribly designed in my books,
finishing on a good note, they are at least comfortable IN my ears, even if the cable pulls unevenly on them.

Pros: Loud, pretty easy to drive, Out of this world Bass, Comfy

Cons: Too much Bass, Sibilant/Harsh treble, Flimsy

The sennheiser cx300 was my first headphone of Sennheiser and my first earbud/headphone above 30 Dollars. The construction of the earbud itself is very great and the design too, small, classic, lightweight. The cable is pretty flimsy in the jack i had 2 pair of cx300, and both goes this way.

In terms of sound, these deliver a outstanding, in your face bass. I have some issues with that because the mids are sucked out. The highs are harsh and sibilant, i experience a little pain with those.

If the cable were not flimsy, i was paid $50 or $45 for this earbud, but both are gone in about two months..

Pros: Very comfortable with good amounts of bass.

Cons: None.

These IEM's are very comfortable so they can be worn while lying down with no discomfort.

The bass is the best part of the CX300's, while the mids are average and the highs are lacking.

For the price, these are decent headphones and anyone interested in relaxed sounding headphones, this would be a nice purchase.

Sennheiser CX300-B Earbuds (Black)

For the money, this earphone is the best way to upgrade the sound from your iPod or MP3 player. The earphones that came with your player may not be up to what you expect. All users of MP3 players and iPods, get ready to upgrade your sound and style with the Sennheiser CX300 earphones. Upgrading earphones is the best way to customize the sound to what you want to hear. The Sennheiser CX300 provides accurate tones for tunes throughout the dynamic frequency range. With a 112dB Sound Pressure Level, you can lock out background noise and revel in the pleasure of listening to your music. And Sennheiser has been and is on the forefront of delivering great sound from audio systems great and small. Elevate your listening to transcendental pleasure with the Sennheiser CX300 earphones. Sennheiser is the acknowledged world leader in headphone-transducer technology. These CX 300 headphones are Sennheiser's leading introduction to in-ear-canal earphones. The CX 300 model is ideal for use with portable MP3, CD, MD, DVD players and many other portable devices with 3.5mm headphone sockets. Soft Silicone-Rubber Ear adapters in three different sizes are included to ensure a perfect fit, high wearing comfort and an excellent attenuation of ambient noise. Get away from the daily noise and surround yourself with private audio. The CX300 is the best partner for your player, your ears, and you. Dynamic Transducer Carrying Pouch Sennheiser 2 year warranty Color - Black

BindingAccessory
Product GroupCE
Product Type NameHEADPHONES
PublisherSennheiser
StudioSennheiser
TitleSennheiser CX300-B Earbuds (Black)
UPC615104120945
Batteries Included0
Is Autographed0
Is Memorabilia0
Legal DisclaimerWarranty does not cover misuse of product.
Warranty2 years warranty
Special FeaturesThe CX 300 black are high-quality stereo ear-canal headphones with powerful, bass-driven stereo sound for listening 'on the move'. Ear adapters in three different sizes ensure a perfect fit, high wearing comfort and an excellent attenuation of ambient noise. The CX 300 are ideal for use with MP3, CD, MD, or DVD players and many other portable devices.
Product Type Subcategory2300799