Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones Reviews

Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones Reviews

BadMoose

Cheap, functional IEM's that do their job.

Pros: Punchy Bass (especially for a pair of low-grade IEM's), Relatively comfortable, handle vocals very well

Cons: Incredibly microphonic cable, cable also very prone to tangling, tips tend to fall off

Introduction The easiest way to explain the Sennheiser CX-150's is that they do what you can reasonably expect. You can't really expect much from a pair of sub-50 dollar IEM's, and frankly, I was pleasantly surprised by the general quality of the CX150's. The sound quality is fine enough for portable listening from an iPod, as I use them, and I have yet to hear anything less than serviceable come from these IEM's. They're relatively comfortable, but the microphonic cable can get quite annoying at times. I tend to keep the cable under my jacket so as to avoid excess movement, but during summer, I can see this being an issue.    Comfort / Design They're marketed as...
TwinTurboTyrant

Sennheiser CX150 Review

Pros: bassy, great quality, very solid build

Cons: i had two pairs that broke after a while, gave up on them

I bought these at a closing sale for $20 and they were definitely worth the money. The bass is excellent for bassheads on the go and the sound isolation is excellent for noisy areas like bus rides. They are pretty comfortable and are easy to fit because of the shape. They're also pretty loud at low volume and with a proper rig you can get some serious bass out of them.    The bass is what really grabs your attention when you get these. That's what dragged me into buying them when it said "bass driven sound" on the box. You can feel the lows without it getting muddy and they hit pretty hard. I mainly used these for hip hop, rap, dubstep and classical music. They just...