Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Sennheiser CX 985 › Sennheiser CX 985 Reviews

Sennheiser CX 985 Reviews

mark2410

Sennheiser CX985 Quick Review by mark2410

Pros: These exude substance and quality. Jack and Volume slider. Can change the bass with the different tips.

Cons: You pay for its premium feel, it’s pretty V shaped acoustically.

Sennheiser CX985 Quick Review   Thanks to Sennheiser for the sample   Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/640943/sennheiser-cx985-review   Brief:  Sennheiser proves it can out engineer everyone   Price:  £120 (or US$160 in the US)   Specification:  Frequency response 16 - 24000 Hz, Sound pressure level (SPL) 115 dB, Impedance 32 Ω, THD, total harmonic distortion < 0.1 %, Cable length 1.2 m, Weight 338g (note a lot of that weight is jack so you don’t notice it)   Accessories:  7 pairs of tips, plane adapter, case, cleaning bits and cool shirt clip.   Build Quality:  Nothing short of excellent, there is no...
Ishcabible

Sennheiser CX985--Mid-Fi Done Right

Pros: Warm midrange, spacious, unoffensive sound sig

Cons: Treble can get harsh, a little bit of bass bleed, cable is a bit thin

Sennheiser is the first “legit” headphone company most people hear of and are generally praised unabashedly by people that lack experience. Well at least that’s what I’ve gotten from in my years in the internet. I’d never been the biggest fan of Sennheiser, mostly because I’d never tried anything in their line above the HD25. Everything under the HD25, to me, performed a bit lackadaisical at retail price, so I thought these hardcore supporters were just uninformed. I was hoping the CX985 would cause a change of heart for my opinion of Sennheiser. Well to put to it simply, the HD600 is next on my ever-changing to-buy list.   The CX985’s packaging is quite nice, not only...