Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Sennheiser CX 500 Lightweight Portable Gaming Headphone

Sennheiser CX 500 Lightweight Portable Gaming Headphone

Rated #269 in Universal Fit

Sponsored

Get the latest news and updates at the Sennheiser sponsor page.

Pros: volume control, great bass

Cons: left ear side broke after 3 years of use XD

I've had it for 3 years. It just broke all of the sudden but I reckon its worth the price. I bought it around $120.

Pros: price, maybe volume control

Cons: sound

I got these for cheap and they were my first pair that I didn't buy randomly. I read a review in which they were praised as a great IEM, even for the launch price of $ 150. Turns out Sennheiser bribed the magazine (there's no other way)!

Comfort is okay, the cable feels good but is highly microphonic. Even wearing the CX-500 over-ear doesn't help enough.

Audio quality is all muddy bass. There's nothing to it. A warm sound, exaggerated bass, colored mids, bad highs ("Tsh" instead of a "Tz" sound with hi-hats), poor resolution (everything is smoothed out), no soundstage.

That's it. The CX-500 in a nutshell. Avoid if possible. (This review is based on the € 30 I paid new for it. If I had paid anything above € 50 I'd hate myself! And yes, I'm 100% sure I don't have a fake. I got it from an official reseller in a store.)

BTW, the only difference of the "G4ME" edition is the even more ugly plastic chrome look. Why they charge even more money for the uglier "G4ME" version is something I'll never understand.

Just, simply don't... they give Sennheiser a bad name (and for me enough reason not to trust this brand again)!

Sennheiser CX 500 Lightweight Portable Gaming Headphone

The Sennheiser CX-500 In-Ear Gaming Headset is perfect for portable game systems. It blocks out ambient noise, allowing you to concentrate on the audio details of today's hottest titles. Equipped with an easy to reach volume control, the CX-500 keeps your hands, and head, in the game.

BindingElectronics
BrandSennheiser
ColorBlk/Chrome
EAN0615104141278
FeatureIncludes carrying pouch, cable winder, and a set of three ear adapters (S, M, L)
Height4 inches