Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Sennheiser CX 200 In Ear Canal Ear bud › Reviews › starcraft2's Review

Sennheiser CX 200

A Review On: Sennheiser CX 200 In Ear Canal Ear bud

Sennheiser CX 200 In Ear Canal Ear bud

Rated # 1363 in Headphones
starcraft2
Posted · 1946 Views · 0 Comments

Pros: Light, Confortable, nice looking, excelent isolation and good sound overall

Cons: Bass is too strong, lacks some mids and definition. Voices could sound better.

I got a pair of these Senny for overall use, until I decide what IEM I should by for my Colorfly C3.

I have tried them with different sources none of them with an external amp or DAC.

I tried them on:

PC, BB 9900 and Playbook.

SOUND:

The mp3 files, unless 320 kbps sound dull and make me want to turn the player off. FLACs are a different story. This might be good or bad. The Senny capture every detail on the recording. For me is a pro, for other who rely on 128 kbps mp3 might be bad.

I tried different styles and songs all of them FLAC files.

The ones that sounded better:

Dave Brubeck - Take 5

Camané - A guerra das rosas http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WtVofZywYA

Hot Chip - Flutes

Boney M - Daddy Cool

Awolnation - Sail

Eagles - Hotel California

The worst:

Alphaville - Forever Young (very disapointing)

Mark Knopfler - Redbud Tree

Miles Davis - So what (to much bass, undefined highs)

George Michael - Careless Whisper (the sax sound uncontroled)

They sound good 80% of the times. They are never overwhelming. Strong bass (too much for my taste), mids are on the week side. Definition could be improved especially on the voice frequency range.

Confort, Design:

Very well buit, look discreet and are very confortable.

Isolation:

We are wearing this pair of IEM you get completely deaf apart from waht you are listening.

Price:

I paid 30 euros but I think that 20 euros would be the ideal.

Comments: