Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › Sennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphones › Reviews › MegaMushroom's Review

Sweet Portables

A Review On: Sennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphones

Sennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphones

Rated # 7 in On-Ear
MegaMushroom

Pros: Durable design, thumping bass, adjustable for cable and headband

Cons: Limited soundstage, price

A great set of portable closed cans for the go.  With a lower impedance than their predecessors these headphones can be run of nearly any source.  Although the sound stage is limited the overall sound quality is quite pleasing.

For full review:

Thanks for the review - not many people seem to have these yet!
I purchased and returned in a week. It's not that they are a bad headphone, but the sound quality doesn't match the price, particularly the lack of detail in the mids and lack of "oomph" in the bass. I loved the blue aluminum cups, but not for $150 more than the HD25 II with little or no audible sonic improvement.
I wouldn't say lack of "oomph" in the bass as I personally thought they were fairly bass heavy.
I've found the bass to be perfectly good. It fell in between my HFI-580s and my HD589s. Leaned more towards the Ultrasones. Considering an fiio17 or some other small amp, and start a nice portable budget setup. Going to see how well I can do without touching an apple product.
Might even buy a set of HD-25 pads and see how that can affect the sound.