Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › Sennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)

Sennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)

Rated #13 in On-Ear

Sponsored

Get the latest news and updates at the Sennheiser sponsor page.

Pros: Clarity, details and quite neutral

Cons: Small soundstage

If you want to relax with Jazz music, go find something like the HD650s and give it 5 stars as you found a true Hifi gear.

This pair HD25s were not born to do some stuff like that imo.

Pros: isolation, vocals

Cons: comfort, design, not enough pros

Sound quality:
I  can't understand all the fuss about these headphones. These are not "high fidelity", and are a bit frustrating when you are used to better full size  headphone (or even IEM). I  found  them a bit muffled.

• Bass: The bass thump/impact is here , but lacks variation, it sounds like a single note. In comparison my cheaper but discontinued senn IE7  offers much richer bass.
  • Mids: The vocals are where the hd25 II 1 shine best , I guess because they are quite forward. But still, I  found some weirdness in the mids, they lack cohesion with the remaining frequency range (even if you try to eq) ; perhaps the mids are slower ?  .
  • Treble: I don't know what to say about the treble, decent, but not  pleasant.
  • Soundstage: sounds coming , from little tiny cups, there's no miracle.  It's abysmal. I believe there's a problem of internal damping, that the new expensive amperior  partially fix.
  • Remarks: I  noticed the hd25 II 1  sound  a bit better with velour pad but you loose in isolation. Since for me the main value for this headphone is isolation, I  keep the pleather pads. Also the hd25 II 1 sound less muffled at high  volume levels, but I  like to keep the volume to a level I  find relaxing.

Design:
They look cheap, and a blue cable and blue pleather does little to save their look.The velour pads are white, but why ? (let's cry)

Built Quality:
They are supposed to be very solid, time would tell.The headband foam padding doesn't seem to be well glued. The little provided bags, offers almost no protection, except from dust.

Comfort:
 NOPE. These are not a torture device, but  not the kind of headphone you can forget.  I  was also disappointed, when I  realized  they were too small to put around the neck while moving.

Isolation: Yeah, but an iem would provide a better isolation. The only pretext to use the hd25 II 1, is that you don't like to have iem stuck in your ears.

Conclusion & Value:
The only reason to get these headphone, is that you want  good isolation without having anything stuck on you ears. Otherwise my senn IE7 offers better portability, isolation, AND SOUND QUALITY (and their built quality is great too). At home I have a noisy portable air conditionner, the only pretext for me to use the hd25 II 1 .  These headphone have  convinced me , that "on ear" dj headphones, are not for me.

Pros: treble, bass, speed, portable, easy to drive, design, value

Cons: Adidas marketing makes me look like a tool, comfort, price (depends), slightly scooped mids.

I have had these for a month now and i do feel these deserve a review

Build Quality/Design

To me i find these look beautiful. The durability is equally as great. All parts are replaceable if need be. When i first picked them up though i was thinking to myself (did i really pay $200 for these things?). They may look cheap but when you apply force you realize they are really well built. One thing i noticed was that they are made in ireland. Quite a nice touch when most things are made in china. The blue color is striking and i have had comments by people who thought they looked cool.

Comfort/Portability

These are quite uncomfortable unfortunately. If i were to make any complaint it's comfort. But after a month they have become easier on my ears. I put then on a large box to stretch them. These are very portable. They are easy to drive and are easy to store around your neck. The cord isn't to long so you don't have excess.

Sound Quality/Overall Value

Here is where these shine. When i first put these on i knew i had found my under $200 can of choice. The sound was impressive. Good bass response which goes quite deep and is very fast, Slightly laid back mids with boasted highs. The bass is good for any genre requiring bass. These do remarkably well with metal music in fact their my go to metal can. Electronic is also great as is rock. These aren't very good for classical though. The highs are very good. Allowing the headphones to shine. And they are recessed right where most guitar harshness appears allowing for an easier listening experience. Although They are revealing so if a recording is harsh you will hear it.

I recommend these if you listen to rock, metal, electronic, pop, or any speedy/aggressive genre.

Competition

I own the m50s and the srh840s and have owned the srh750dj. The srh840 is the most dynamic, the m50s is the most versatile, and the the sennheiser hd 25 1 ii is the most fun. I recommend this whole heartedly.

Pros: Light,Sound, Color...

Cons: not white

Thank you Jude for your review , as soon as I watched your comparison between the Sennheiser Adidas HD 25 and Beyerdynamic 1350, I decided to get them both. and really they complement each other.

what are you doing wasting time reading the review,go run, now, and get it.

Pros: Clear sound

Cons: not for long usage

PROS: This is an amazing headphone with a clear sonority.

CONS: It's a little bit uncomfortable for a long usage.

Personal Resume

High: Very good

Medium: Very good

Low: Very good

I do recommend if you are looking for a headphone on ear headphone.

You will pay a little more for the Addidas Style, but this is awesome. smily_headphones1.gif

Pros: sound quality, bass, impact on drums and bass, detailed and refined, yet fun sounding. User customizable/ detachable, looks awesome

Cons: 100% plastic, light microphonics(only if you pay attention), revealing

I bought the Sennheiser HD 25-1 (adidas) after my ATH-M50 had a loose connection and i had to return them.

Though I loved the M50's, they made me realize that a headphone is not all about sound quality.
Their isolation just didn't do it for me, and the pleather pads got my ears sweaty all the time.

The HD 25-1 finally does everything I need it to do.
The isolation is top notch, and the velour pads are more comfy then pleather while not getting sweaty.

The sound quality of the HD 25-1 II was horrible out of the box, but they got better after a few minutes.
I didnt notice much of a burn-in process after that, and was quite disappointed with their sound, cause the only thing they did better then the M50 were drums and bass, while lacking a lot in highs, detail and especially soundstage and imaging.

After two weeks of frequent use and over-night burn-in (~200 h) they suddenly made a BIG leap in sound quality and especially detail and extension.
Compared to the M50 they sound more refined and detailed while also revealing a lot of bad recordings/ sources. the impact on drums and bass is just heavenly, like the overall bass response.

The only thing they lack compared to the m50 is imaging(not existant) and soundstage.
But since I use them as portable headphones mainly, that doesn't bug me at all.

Conclusion:
the hd 25-1 is a really decent hp and definitely one of the best portable headphones.
I especially love the user customizable style, cause i don't have to worry what might happen if my warranty were to run out.

If you find the pads to be uncomfortable, wash them in warm water. It makes them smoother and allows a better fit and comfort for the head.

EDIT: I bought the ADIDAS originals from razordogdeals.com, he gave me a 50$ discount, just shoot him an e-mail. Customer service was top notch, fast, friendly and competent.

Pros: Good audio quality, Comfortable

Cons: They get quiet warm on your ears after a while

I've purchased these yesterday and they are amazing!

This is my best purchase ever on headphones!

Great built quality, sound with some really good bass and they're quiet comfortable.

The only cons i have on these headphones is that they get quiet warm after a while and there isn't a hard case to transport them.

Sennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)

Our very popular HD 25-1 II has been given a design makeover by Adidas Orginals, featuring the brands iconic "3 stripes" design and blue color identity.

BindingElectronics
BrandSennheiser
ColorBlack/Blue
EAN4044155053883
Featurecomes with it's own carrying case
Height7.5 inches
Product GroupCE
Product Type NameHEADPHONES
PublisherSennheiser
StudioSennheiser
TitleSennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)
UPC615104184725