Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Dedicated Source Components › DACs › Schiit Modi › Reviews › lup1's Review

Wow

A Review On: Schiit Modi

Schiit Modi

Rated # 3 in DACs
Quality
lup1
Posted · 8155 Views · 1 Comment

Pros: Clean , detailed , and Very easy to use , small and beautiful , build quality

Cons: Light

I always thought Dacs arent that great of a deal. I had my BH Crack connected to macbook pro directly by a 2xRCA and listened to music with my hd650. Unfortunately I still wasnt impressed by the soundstage nor separation and detail. So i bought speedball for crack , then a new Power cable , new hd650 cable and all that improved the sound . The biggest difference was made after the speedball instalation and the smallest was made by the HP Cable.Then I thought id buy the Modi. I bought it and WOW. Guys dac is crucial for the sound and the difference between macbook/iPhone out and modi is night and day ! And that little fella is 99 dollars and solidly built .He made the sound much cleaner , extended the treble which i thought was veiled by the sennheiser veil. The soundstage got nicely organized and extended much!! If you dont have a dac yet , you can easily go for the modi !

1 Comment:

I also use the Schit Magni/Modi with my MBP and I think it sounds great!