Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Desktop Amps › Schiit Asgard 2 › Reviews › nkrueger's Review

Great Amp, Clear Sound & No Distortion

A Review On: Schiit Asgard 2

Schiit Asgard 2

Rated # 17 in Desktop Amps
Quality
nkrueger

Pros: Build Quality, Clean Sound, Pre-Amp / Gain Switch adds flexibility

Cons: Heat

I got my Asgard 2 about a month ago, and it has been great so far.  I was initially nervous because I had heard people complaining about trafo-hum.  Let me assure you, unless you have a severely defective unit, there is none.  I press my ear against the unit and I can faintly hear it, which is not indicative of a problem, nor audible in any other situation.  The Asgard 2 is Class-A, so it does get quite toasty, just hot enough that you wouldn't want to hold your hand on the right side of it where the power transistors are mounted.  Not ideal, but not a big deal either.  The Asgard 2 is built like a tank, and it feels very weighted and solid.  I totally like this about it.

I have used my Asgard 2 with a uDac-2, and it sounded great with my HD-650s.  Recently I acquired a Bifrost Uber, and the two pair amazingly well with the HD-650.  Just my two cents.  I recommend Schiit!!!

Comments: