Ageing gracefully

A Review On: SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 2 GB MP3 Player (Black)

SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 2 GB MP3 Player (Black)

Battery Life
User Interface
Krisman

Pros: Audio, battery life

Cons: Sound not up there anymore

Have enjoyed using this little beauty. If you want a no fuss, great sounding player at a very good price then look no further. Unfortunately more recent players have up'ed their game and surpassed the Sansa in features and more importantly sound quality. The sound is clear, roomy and detailed but lacks full transparency and sounds slightly coloured in the mids. But given the price these points are minor. Good NOT great device in todays over crowded but full of great devices marketplace.

well, it measures ruler flat, but does sound pretty warm to me. Much more so than my Ipod Touch. I prefer the Ipod Touch with my Sennheisers, but the Clip+ with everything else. One reason the Clip+ is nice though is that you can basically have unlimited storage
"Unfortunately more recent players have up'ed their game and surpassed the Sansa in features and more importantly sound quality."

Which players are you referring to, and how much do they cost?
I have to completely disagree with this review on all counts.
1. If you Rockbox the player (and really, there's no reason not to), there's no other player out there to my knowledge with MORE features.

2. While this player might not stack up to a thousand dollar sauce and amp, this retails for $30 and sounds better than any iPod; what did you expect?
Well several Cowons, Sonys, Philips and even some obscure Chinese brand that a friend brought back from Shanghai for $20 sounded on par if not better than the clip to me. Yes your points on price are spot on...but for me the price is not so important. It does sound very good, but is just showing it's age now. Agree most iPods sound crap but the newest iPod touch sounds very good indeed. Against a clip it is more than a match, at least with my reshelled Westone W4Rs and even driving my Senny HD-25 SP2s. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and this is just little old mine :) PS I think you meant thousand dollar 'source' not 'sauce'. That would be a damn expensive sauce!!!! :)
" and even some obscure Chinese brand that a friend brought back from Shanghai for $20"
Was it the Teclast X19HD?