SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 2 GB MP3 Player (Black) Reviews

koolkat

Sansa Clip+

Pros: Supports FLAC, simple interface, good DAC

Cons: Headphone jack's on the right side, should've been on the left.

Packaging   Sansa Clip+ player. USB interconnect cable to charge via PC and to transfer data. CD installer for Rhapsody. Earbuds.   Pros   It supports a lot of formats, even lossless formats. Very simple interface, easy to understand. Very good music playback. Definitely better than players around and even above it's price point. Option to add extra microSD card to increase storage space. Can be clipped onto sleeve or slipped into your pocket easily.   Cons   I would've liked the headphone receiver jack to be on the left side. Very small and lightweight, not very difficult to misplace. 10 hours...
trondareo

Great value for a light life

Pros: 32G SD expansion, Rockbox, decent sound quality, decent battery life. So small you wont notice its there.

Cons: So small you wont notice its there. In an age of smartphones and touchscreens the screen feels old fashioned,

This is the best value for weight music player there is! With Rockbox flashed it has plenty of customization and sound quality tweaking options. However the flashing process was a bit scary for a noob like me. It already plays any format you throw at it, so flashing with rockbox is really only for the tinkerer in you.   People have argued that the headphone cable should be on the other side. I dont feel this matters as the device is so light it is easy to grip anyway.   Wearing reading glasses, I feel the screen is a bit difficult to read outside, but with rockbox you have plenty of options for display design and fonts.   Otherwise it is a pleasure to use....
Krisman

Ageing gracefully

Pros: Audio, battery life

Cons: Sound not up there anymore

Have enjoyed using this little beauty. If you want a no fuss, great sounding player at a very good price then look no further. Unfortunately more recent players have up'ed their game and surpassed the Sansa in features and more importantly sound quality. The sound is clear, roomy and detailed but lacks full transparency and sounds slightly coloured in the mids. But given the price these points are minor. Good NOT great device in todays over crowded but full of great devices marketplace.
tumburu

excellent value

Pros: cheap, rockbox compatible

Cons: scan noise, battery life, screen

There's not much to be said about this little fella. It is a great value, if it didn't have that scan noise when powering up and the rather small screen I would like it even more. At it's price it's really hard to beat.
7nationarmy

Awesomeness In A Tiny Package

Pros: SQ, Size, Flac, Rockbox, Clip, MicroSD expansion, Price

Cons: Fingerprint magnet, and nothing else

Really small, portable player with capabilities that worth a lot more than its price. Very good SQ for an entry level player, able to play FLAC, great UI and battery life with Rockbox. Clip is very useful for exercising/strapping an amp. The best thing: it is very cheap!
kwakor

Little player with big surprise!

Pros: Size, Flac, Clip, MicroSD to 32GB, Rockbox

Cons: Shiny front, battery life, bassed bass

It's very small player, so I like it. I have Clip+ since Christmas and I'm very satisfied!
JAnderton

Sansa Clip+: The greatest portable music player in it's weight class!

Pros: Good sound, small size, light, portable, great battery, extendable memory

Cons: UX could be a tad better. Packaging is a (one time) pain to open

It's a great music player that is portable and has a clip to be used while on-the-run. It works well and is simple to use. It supports MP3 and FLAC, the two main formats I love and allows drag drop of music into it. It also connects as a PnP device as well as in managed mode using WMP giving you options on how you want to manage your music.   Over all, it's a great music player. Best at it's price point (as a small portable music player in the iPod shuffle/nano range as opposed to the full display type players). It's so good that when I lost my first player (I gave it to a friend who forgot to pick it up after lunch :/), I went out and bought it again. And do note, I...
GeneralSmirnoff

Just what I needed

Pros: Great sound quality for the price, extremely portable, MicroSD slot, INEXPENSIVE!!!

Cons: The battery life does not last as long as I want it to

This is probably one of the best purchases I have made this year!    I was looking for a player that didn't have any shiny buttons or an ultra high resolution screen. I wanted a player that did what a portable music player was first intended to do, let you listen to your music with great sound quality on the go! The Clip+ does not disappoint! I can write pages about how the Clip+ is an amazing device and how it provides massive bang for the buck, however the Pros and Cons that I wrote basically sum it all up.
zmd

So little yet so great

Pros: Small, nice screen, has a screen and buttons, inexpensive, Rockbox!

Cons: Just OK battery life, but hey..

If you like your music player to have buttons and a screen, you know what I mean. This baby is solid bang for buck and there's quite a bit of bang in a small package. Great SQ, great design IMO and the microSD slot make the Clip+ awesome.
Will13

A Very good portable MP3 player

Pros: Portable, good sound (once ROCKboxed), easy to use, and cheap

Cons: feels abit cheap compared to the Fuze, but at the same time its still well made, no LO

I got this alittle while ago with a S:Flo2, and I used it for awhile then just used the S:Flo2, but after ROCKboxing it with ROCKbox 3.7, I think this is 1 of the best value MP3 players around, and its even better considering the ease of use, battery life, and size, in my honest opinion though the Fuze is the better buy if you don't need a small MP3 player, it feels alot better made, and is even easier to use, also the Fuze as a LO, so it sounds better when paired with my E7