Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Razer Megalodon 7.1 › Razer Megalodon 7.1 Reviews

Razer Megalodon 7.1 Reviews

skyforger

Basically combines high grade audiophile headphones with a built in amp/dac

Pros: Soundstage/quality/clarity/everything

Cons: Nothing!

For the price of these($160 when I bought them) they cannot be beat! They have a built in very powerful amp/dac which helps power these very powerful headphones, they have a bigger sound stage than dedicated open headphones as they have built in 7.1 surround sound which open headphones cannot achieve.   The clarity at this price is unrivaled, and have some of the most hard hitting base in headphones.     Nah just kidding, I still to this day regret buying these in my youthful naivety they wouldn't work half the time as the drivers conflict with windows 7/8 90% of the time and they sound terrible for the price. My superflux's at 1/5th the price sounded much better. The...
Tilpo

Good for gaming, mediocre for music

Pros: comfortable, good surround sound, easy to use

Cons: not modable, expensive, bad microphone

This was the first full-size headphone I bought, before I had any knowledge of hifi audio. And I perhaps only bought it to my friends with their Logitech G35 jealous, as these cans were supposed to be superior (they are, but not by much) The first thing I noticed when opened the package is the excellent packaging job done by Razer. I was not surprised, since I had bought several Razer products before (keyboard, 2 mice, keypad and mousemat; let's just say I love Razer). Several moments later I rushed to plug the USB plug of these cans into my computer to give them a listen. They sounded much better than anything I had heard before, although if listen to them now I find them horrible. A...