Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Amp/DACs › Ray Samuels The Intruder › Ray Samuels The Intruder Reviews

Ray Samuels The Intruder Reviews

moedawg140

Ray Samuels Audio - The Intruder

Pros: Balanced and SE input-output capabilities, with an additional USB DAC. An auditory upgrade for most people.

Cons: You need to put your smartphone/DAP in Airplane Mode equivalent in order to use it without hearing hisses and pops (RFI and Wi-Fi Interference).

Ray Samuels Audio – The Intruder The Intruder is a fully Balanced input-output headphone/earphone amp as well as a USB DAC by Ray Samuels Audio.  I was able to borrow The Intruder from a friend for a couple of weeks, and as a result would like to give my impressions of the DAC/amp, as well as comparisons of the Balanced and SE outputs.  I am using my Shure SE846 with Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves, HL Silver Litz SE cable and my friend's HL Silver Balanced cable, with the iPhone 5 and PC (Windows 7 Ultimate) as sources. The Intruder (no flash and with flash):      The Intruder (left side and right side):      Pros: Built like a tank.  Balanced and SE input/output capabilities, with an...
George2

Ray Samuels Intruder

Pros: Attention to detail. Great sounding amp

Cons: None so far

I previously purchased. An Hp P1 and loved it right out of the box. Great amp/dac. Then I decided what the heck. I needed maybe a backup so purchased the Intruder. After I charged it up, it was a disappointment. I seriously thought of sending it back. I paid all this money for this! Now I'm in my mid 60's and I'm sure my hearing might be going bad but I do know what I like and this amp just didn't cut it. It sounded like it was always screaming at you. But after a few days of use, everything just seemed to settle in, everything is nice and smooth and more than enough power. Great sounding amp.beautifully made. I am only using an iPod classic with these 2 amps, with a set of Grados PS500.