Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Portable Amps › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable Headphone Amp › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable Headphone Amp Reviews

Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable Headphone Amp Reviews

Stereocilia

Mach 3 Fidelity

Pros: Soaring the Upper Altitude in Recon HiFi

Cons: Pricey

http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/   It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance aircraft, your design better not blow or your reputation in HiFi will become worthless.     The Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable Headphone Amp lives up to its name. Here I have it strapped to my iPod Classic 7th (now almost a relic/collectors item) and the HiFiMAN HE-400 magnetic planar headphones. I think the HE-400 sounds better with this amp, yeah the HE-400 has 93db sensitivity, but I'm not going to debate that sensitivity here.    ...
Lex Tan

RSA SR-71A

Pros: 1.Sound Quality Superb 2. Warm and very detail (Strip the song naked & you simply can hear every detail clearly) 3. High Power Amp

Cons: 1. Unable to recharge 2. Quite Bulky

I have never used a renown high end Portable Amp before as previously what I had used was Fiio product. Im new to Audiophile Headphone too....    Fiio E7 was my first portable DAC/Amp and i was quite disappointed as I don't feel the "punch" from my music. The overall of the song also seems grey to me. I am using HD650 and it doesnt go well with the can. I was so displeased which i later change it to Fiio E11. E11 makes my songs rumble to LIFE due to the strong bass and overall seems more lively than ever. Everything seems rite now but I was a little bit greedy and wanted something more from HD650.    I began reading reviews and it seems like RSA SR-71A was...
Rice King LT

SR-71A

i brough the SR-71A today... i want to say the SR-71A output is very powerful~ it's better than sharps~!!! if u use the ipowerUS.u will have a amazing feeling! and then,SR71A have a slim body and the good design~ i think it's good for TPC,MDT and the bass head:)