Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Portable Amps › Portaphile 627 MICRO › Portaphile 627 MICRO Reviews

Portaphile 627 MICRO Reviews

BucketInABucket

I GOT THE POWER...and it sounds amazing! (UPDATE: 5/4/14)

Pros: POWER, solid construction, no detectable channel imbalance or hiss, gigantic effortless natural smooth flowing amazing sound

Cons: Clicks when turning on/off and when the battery runs out, only 4 hours of battery life, gets warm when running

IntroductionHere I am with another amp review and this time, its of the Portaphile 627 MICRO with the stock OPA627s.Keep in mind that absolutely everything in this review is subject to the law of Your Mileage May Vary. A head's up, as this is going to be much longer than my other review as I had far more to test it with so here's a tl;dr.  [[SPOILER]] Now that I've gotten that over with, time to continue. I just managed to catch the pre-order discount of US$439 including shipping (hurrayzaroo, US$100 off!) and I gotta say, its worth every cent I paid for it. I would've even been happy to buy it at the normal $539 price (if I didn't know about the preorder price as I'm rather cheap) as...